Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 170 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 186 reviews
on November 11, 2013
Tried out a couple different poles including a shorter "original" version of the GoScope for my GoPro Hero3+ and I can honestly say that I like this one the best. I have the GoPro standard-buckle-mount adhered to almost every surface...car, skis, helmet, chesty, etc. The GoScope makes moving the GoPro from different mounts much easier.

I used the GoScope original while skiing and it held up very well the Extreme seems to be of the same build quality and I am sure will hold up just fine but haven't had a chance to test it on the slopes yet.

One thing to note, while I was diving with the Extreme, it slowly filled up with water during the dive which is great for neutral buoyancy, but I needed to remove the water for travel after the dive. I quickly noticed you can loosen the twist points and pump it out with no problem you could probably do the same to rinse it out but I have not tried it yet. On to the pros and cons...

Pros:

- Incredibly light (lightest that I have tested)
- Seems very durable
- No messing with screws or bolts
- Great for scuba diving with 2 cameras
- Fits in my back pack

Cons:

- None so far

Seriously can't go wrong with the GoScope Extreme.
on November 13, 2016
I purchased this for my go pro but it can be easily adapted to hold anything with a gopro mount. This stick is solid made of a strong plastic. I used it on vacation in the water and doing some sport activities.

My main issue with the mount is how the extenders lock. It is strong in the extended position, but the problem lies in the mounts ability to keep the gopro from swiveling. For some reason it does not matter how i position the mount and tighten the estended position it will swivel down with minimal effort.

Besides this key part the mount would be excellent, hence why i have given it a 3 star rating.
on April 9, 2016
So for the purpose of using different angles and length for ygopro it's great it does its purpose however after two weeks with the product I must admit that the ability to adjust the length of the stick is its biggest downfall there must be a better quicker and easier way of extending the stick without having to manually twist the bars apart. But in actuality I can cope with that what I can't deal wit is the constant inconsistency when trying to extend and lock or unlock to adjust the length. So many times I have spent more time than I should with trying to unlock the stick to the degree that it takes away from the experience of filming which is a nuisance. I would recommend this as a starter stick with the hopes of purchasing a high quality stick in the very near future if you need this for a trip thats coming up then it's great but if you're looking for something that's long-term I wouldn't suggest it
on September 14, 2015
I bought this three weeks ago.
Great pole for taking shots.
Only problem I didn't liked hence the 4 stars is that I took it into a saltwater beach and sand got into the pole and I couldn't get it out. Some water was in there too. But I was able to get it out easier.
Everytime I extended the pole the sands would come out a bit but also scratch the pole.
I reached out to the support team and they said to put it in a tub filled with water and flush it out. Didn't try that yet. But hopefully it helps.
Other than that. Good sturdy pole. I had two go pros attached to it in the beach and I had no problem.
It does get heavy with two. But that has nothing to do with the pole.
The pole was perfect extended. I didn't do any sports with it. So can't give review on how it holds up with skiing or anything else.
For the price it was worth it.
The newer models do have a way of getting the sand out easier.
Straps fit well and are good.
Easy to take the cameras off and switch point of view.
on July 18, 2017
The stick is ok for the first few uses. After that when you extend the length range is hard to tighten. There is no matter how hard you screw the weight of the camera will flip up and down. Very frustrating
on February 11, 2014
As a snowboarder we have tried all the mounts and attachments to get some great footage. This by far gets us the best view of what is going on. I love that you can telescope it out for a great view and then retract it for easy carrying on the lifts. Very durable and easy to use.
on May 15, 2014
Great quality product. I originally purchased a cheaper model that came with a battery and charger but you get what you pay for and that is certainly the case with this product.

It was my first trip underwater with my new go pro and the extension pole was just what we needed. Came in handy trying to get close up shots of eels, sting rays and schools of fish. Allowed me to get closer than they would normally allow me to - and it floats so if I dropped it I could look for it on top instead of on the bottom of the ocean. Another great feature is the wrist tie. has a secure strap that you can tighten around your wrist. No loosing this puppy!
on June 25, 2015
It could probably do with bigger grips to tighten it, especially as it is something marketed as being waterproof because clearly the intention is you'll use it when wet and it can at times be difficult to tighten - the water makes it more slippy and the grips are a little too small to overcome the problem.

Either way it worked well. I extended/retracted it both in and out the water, took giant strides from docks, boats and so on and it all held up. Being extended make it pretty easy to offload to a divemaster/boat captain when trying to get back on the boat.

Grip is comfortable. I would recommend extending and retracting it several times to pump water out because it doesn't drain that well...could lead to issues.
on March 23, 2014
I've used this for numerous activities and I must say this product is extremely sturdy. I know a lot of people are concerned that if they go on a jump that the camera pole might slide upside down due to the impact. But, rest assure this pole will not slide anywhere once you tighten the circular lock up. Only con, its not 37" its actually 36" but it serves its purpose and is great!

I chose this product because it can be used in salt water, which i have not tried yet. But I will update once I get a chance to use it in salt water.
on June 23, 2014
Check the head on most extension poles and they only lets you look around while pointing the stick up The head can't swivel enough to let you say:
- while on a boat, reach down and see in any direction under water with the camera right-side up so the dolphins aren't upside down.
- while reaching down off a ledge, film the nest of birds and have them come out right side up.

While on a sailboat, the pole was duct taped to a broom handle (for additional support) and put under water while the boat was cruising at 6 knots. That's a lot of force on the camera and trust in the GoScope. It did just great.