3-Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
GoSun Sport: Easy, Delicious, and Versatile Portable Solar Cooker
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- EASY AND DELICIOUS - Just load with food and relax, no monitoring required. The stove retains your food’s flavor and nutrition cooking from 360°, like a slow cooker, but faster. Bake, roast, steam and saute, nothing is off limits! When finished cooking, just keep the tray closed to keep your food hot and ready to eat for hours, no Sun required.
- FAST AND RELIABLE - Cooks a meal in as little as 20 minutes, reaching temperatures up to 550°F (290°C) in full sunlight. Light clouds on the radar? No problem! The GoSun Sport is so effective at capturing ultraviolet light and holding its heat, that if you can see a defined shadow, you can cook!
- COOL TO TOUCH - No fire hazard here. The stove’s solar vacuum tube cooking chamber provides a near perfect layer of insulation, keeping heat in and cold out. Perfect for cooking with small children while keeping the kitchen cool during the Summer.
- PORTABLE - Reflectors and base fold into a sturdy 7.5lb clamshell case with carrying handles. Completely submersible and designed for adventure, these stoves can take a beating.
|Mountain Falls Sunscreens, Exclusively on Amazon|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From America’s Leading Solar Cooking Brand, Designed in Cincinnati Ohio, USA. Featured by Top Chef, Discovery Channel, Outside Magazine, Popular Science and more. The GoSun Sport’s award-winning patented design converts nearly 80% of all sunlight entering it’s reflectors into usable heat, retaining if for hot meals with friends even in the most challenging conditions The Sport package includes: a durable Borosilicate Evacuated Glass Tube cooking chamber, two foldable Parabolic Reflectors made of industry grade anodized aluminum (+95% reflectivity), a Cooking Tray made of 304 Culinary Grade stainless steel, User’s Manual, Cook Booklet, rugged Scrubby Cleaning Tool that attaches onto the tray’s end and a Two Year No-Questions-Asked Warranty when ordered on Amazon from GoSun Stove or Brookstone. GoSun Stove: Powering Lives with Solar Cooking.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This thing + hot dogs at the beach = a great, easy lunch! The baked items listed above of course aren’t muffin or cookie shaped, but log shaped. Still tastes the same.
A couple things to remember.
–Cooking times vary. I cooked some lunch in it, but the clouds came and it wasn’t ready when we were ready to eat, so we closed the reflectors and let it simmer until dinner time! I opened the reflectors again under a 100% overcast sky, and the remaining heat, and whatever heat that made it through the clouds provided a HOT dinner, no problem.
–Don’t forget about what you’re cooking! I tried frying some bacon one morning under direct sun. I got distracted and went out to find out that I had INCINERATED that bacon. It was the WORST SMELL I’ve ever encountered. Even opening the door to the house for a second let enough of that smoke in the house that it smelled unbearably bad all day! Pay attention! Set timers! Set frequent timers so you can check on your food often.
It’s good for fun, and a day at the beach, but this thing would sure come in handy during a natural disaster or other emergency.
I wish it were bigger. They’re making a bigger solar oven/grill soon, but it’s $$$$$. For a meal like tin foil dinners, it makes enough to feed two barely peckish adults. For a side dish type food I suppose you could feed a family, just that one item, but not a whole meal.
The design of this oven is awesome! The clamshell mirrors make setup easy and foolproof. The materials and construction are top notch and make this something you will be proud to own and to show your friends.
Being a college student I find cooking on a daily basis takes time and patience. My solution has been to keep the oven pointing North-South and mirrors close so that the oven gets sun for an hour and cooks meal two hours before I'd reach home in the evenings. That way it would be ready by the time I'd be home and hungry. The glass chamber keeps food warm if not hot. I've burned my tongue a few times. I keep the handle pointing South, else it and the rubber gasket get hot.
I bake cakes and cookies, cook rice, Indian curries and lentil soups. I'm vegetarian so I can't say how well it cooks meat or eggs but I think it should perform as specified. I keep a little extra water so that the food doesn't dry and then burn
As long as you read the simple instructions and remember them while handling this oven, you can not damage it. Make sure you anchor it on windy days. It takes a few tries to understand how weather will affect your oven's cooking profile.
I have not been able to test it in winter conditions yet, but will update this post when I do.
I've been cooking in the winter for the last three days. Before leaving home at 7:15AM, I keep the food out in the and adjust the oven so that it gets sunlight between 4:45PM and 5:15PM. It cooks my meal fully just like it would in summer. The food stays hot till 9PM thanks to the vacuum tube.
"If you are lookin, you are not cookin."