Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 7, 2012
I have to agree with the other 1 star review. I have definitely read my share of romance novels and am pretty tolerant of the lack of development, but this was nearing excruciating to get through. There was no connection between Conner and Stevie. They made his brother out to be an ass, as well as all of Stevie's ex's. His brother's wife was also a bitch, but we never got any resolution on any of that. The plot just dragged on and on. How many climaxes (and I don't mean sexual) does one book have to have? The sex scenes were pretty stupid which is probably why we didn't feel the connection between Stevie and Conner. Sorry, but I won't be reading another book by this author. Sorry I paid for it on my kindle!
5 people found this helpful
on May 26, 2010
I really enjoyed the characters in this book and finished it in two days, even learning some things about football! Fun read on the beach or something to quickly read after something heavy. Made me want to go to a Sinners game, if they existed! Looking forward to seeing what happens to the characters in the sequel.
One person found this helpful
on April 29, 2010
A fun and funny read that had me rooting for Stevie, Connor and the Sinners all at once. Anyone who enjoys a light-hearted romance and a good football game will want to give this book a read.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
THE BOOK ITSELF I'M GIVING IT - 3.5 out of 5 stars, BUT OVERALL FOR THE KINDLE EDITION - 2 out of 5 stars. The story was well written, thoughtful, and a true love story!!! I would recommend it for anyone wanting to read it in book form, BUT NOT KINDLE FORM!! In the kindle form I had to make-up sentences at the top of every page so at times it was a little hard to follow which wasn't fun at all. =0(

Reviewed By: From Me to You ... Book Reviews
(read more of this review and a teaser on my blog)
on February 7, 2013
This was a great read. I really got into in on a snow day and couldn't put it down until I finished
on March 24, 2018
I liked the premise for the book. Stevie is a sports photographer, she ends up getting trampled by a sexy football player, and it turns out he's her ex-boyfriend's brother, Connor. Connor had a huge crush on Stevie, but couldn't find her after his poor excuse for a man brother cheated on her. Luckily, Stevie and the brother didn't really get together, but it's still really awkward. I liked the connection between Stevie and Connor, they are cute together. I liked the football aspect, and I liked that Connor takes care of Stevie while she recuperates. Stevie does get on my nerves sometimes. She's been hurt a few times, but really she takes it all too hard. She makes some stupid decisions because she doesn't want to be hurt. I understand some of her hesitancy, but she takes it too far a lot of the time. Overall, they are a sweet couple.

One of the things I didn't like about this book, was Connor's team members. One of them is totally disgusting, and the author has way too much of him in the story. He even has his own POV briefly, and I think the next book is his story, but I couldn't stand him in this book, so I really don't think I'll read the next book. He has this book of all these desperate women who want to degrade themselves by sleeping with this douche bag just because he's a football player. Even if they have to share him with other women at the time, it's totally gross, and the women are so pathetic. And everyone is fine with it, it's so dirty and gross. He even prostitutes himself for Stevie, which I was very disappointed in Stevie for asking that of him. Also, Stevie tries to pawn him off on some nice girl, who definitely deserves someone better than this manwhore.

Another thing I didn't like, is the situation with Connor's brother. He's married to the girl he cheated on Stevie with because she was pregnant, which she did, so he'd come back to her and marry her. The brother did marry her, but he cheats on her all the time, so the wife keeps getting pregnant to keep him married to her. She keeps throwing major shade at Stevie, and acting like a complete hag for the whole book. Another example of pathetic women, and another situation that no one seems to have any issue with.

Both of those situations were depressing, and ruined a lot of my enjoyment of the story. I wish the author would've just stuck with Connor and Stevie's story.

The audio was fine, but the accent the narrator puts on the characters doesn't work. I think it's suppose to be southern, but it sounds pretty bad. I've listened to other books narrated by the narrator, and she did a good job, so this story just wasn't a fit. The narration made the story too comical.
on December 27, 2017
I received this audiobook free for an honest review. I love sports romance so was excited to listen to this one. Stevie Dowd initially met Conner Riley when they were teens and she was his brother's girlfriend. Conner knew immediately that he was going to marry Stevie one day. Ten years later, Conner is playing for the Sinners and Stevie is a photographer on the sidelines who gets "tackled" by Conner. Thus begins their journey to romance. This book just didn't do it for me. I found Stevie annoying. The story was somewhat interesting, but I felt it could have been shortened quite a bit. I had a hard time with the narrator's voice - I never could tell who was talking since the narrator's voice didn't seem to change with the different characters.
VINE VOICEon May 26, 2010
Ms. Lynn Shurr has written a compelling novel about finding and following dreams. She has used a myriad of characters which could present readers with a series of books about the lives of these football players. We are promised, in fact, at the end of this beautiful novel, that there is a sequel which will give us the details of another player, Joe Dean's, life. I cannot wait!

The two main characters were well developed and grabbed my attention early. I could not put the book down. It had a compelling plot with much conflict. Just when it seemed things were winding up for their happily-ever-after, another kink would surface. Shurr is a wonderful story teller. The sensuality was sizzling. The storyline did not suffer because of the sexual activity; it was enhanced.

I truly enjoyed this book. The ending was surprising--not the HEA, but the manner in which she concluded the book. I highly recommend it to anyone over the age of eighteen. - Brenda Talley
on September 25, 2011
I LOVE to read and rarely read something I don't like. I don't usually feel compelled to write a review. I always choose books based on the ratings and reviews. However, I was completely misled by the five star ratings and glowing reviews. I was SO disappointed!!! I kept waiting for it to get better, but by the end I was disgusted. I never really understood the connection between Stevie and Connor (and I really wanted to). But they acted like spoiled teenagers, not adults beginning a real loving relationship. Their first love scene??? What was that?? I had so many questions as I read this book. Why did she leave him? Why did she give him an ultimatum? The author just threw it out there and expected us to believe it. Then why did she leave him again? Connor falls in to this depression, then SNAP, he's out of it. It made no sense!!! To make matters worse, the author spent the entire last chapter (the wedding) setting up for the next book. I'm sorry, but NO BRIDE spends her wedding day trying to set up a playboy with a woman she barely knows. I've never said this about a book, but it was just stupid! I wish someone would've given an honest review so I didn't waste my money on this book.
16 people found this helpful
on June 3, 2010
Read "Goals for a Sinner" over this past weekend.
Enjoyed it; kept my interest; good pacing. Well-drawn characters; my favorite of the support cast was 'Rev' Bullock.
Also enjoyed the descriptions of the greater New Orleans Area (where I spent many years myself).
---
I haven't read all that much in what some would call "women's fiction" or "romance", but I liked this novel.
2 people found this helpful