Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Goblintown Justice (Shotguns & Sorcery)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on May 17, 2012
For a free book this is great! I can't wait for the trilogy that is coming after this, and will gladly pay for each book if they're as good as this story was. Fans of the Dresden files should really check this out, as well as any noir fans that also like fantasy. It's a short fun read you can pound out in an hour or so, but will keep you interested through it.

My only complaint is how short it was. I was just getting a feel for the world and the characters when it ended. But hopefully the trilogy will get right into it.
on September 21, 2013
After getting this short story as a freebie kindle, it did just what it was supposed to, hook me and reel me in with wanting more. I will now look into Matt Forbeck's other books with great interest. I will now spend money to read more of his creatures, people, places and things. Thanks Matt, I'm always looking for better than good stories and this is what I wanted.
on March 10, 2013
This is a short story (that I assume) was written to introduce the Gobintown setting, and create an interest in the world and characters. For me, Forbeck did just that.

I received one of Matt Forbeck's books as a part of a bundle I purchased, and I wanted to see what else had been written by the author. I found "Goblintown Justice" as a part of this search. When I added this story to my Kindle, it was free, and if nothing else, the price recommends it. As I mentioned above, I believe this short story did what it was supposed to do.

Now, I'm moving on to read the first full book of this series.
on February 15, 2013
Many are too lazy to review things on amazon, so I'd like to do some good.

Goblintown Justice was short, yes, but it was a good read. Plus, it's a short story that isn't all literary BS. I enjoyed reading it. Not once did I think "i could never write this" except after I finished it... BUT with some work, and a good example of an entertaining short like this one to keep me motivated, maybe I could.
on March 29, 2012
Within the constraints of a short story, the author attempts to flesh out his characters and does just enough to make you want to know more about them and their world.
on August 27, 2013
Goblintown Justice is a gritty short story, which sadly, i feel ends too soon. The characters are great and it has great potential for a longer story, but it certainly wets my appetite for more.
on October 31, 2013
Great book really enjoyed it. Love the unusual hero, and as soon as i get some spare cash i will be buying more of shotguns and sorcery
on December 16, 2014
I picked this up for free, while reading about the Kickstarter using the cypher system for the world setting. Unfortunately, the idea of a fantasy film noir city (run by a dragon, elves as the upper/governing class, humans in the middle, orcs on the bottom, with the hungry dead trying to get in) didn't interest me that much. Worth a shot (for free), but left me pretty meh.

354 locations long.
on January 1, 2015
Pretty interesting short story.
on January 5, 2015
I really enjoyed this short story. It got me into the Shotguns & Sorcery series! Good action with not a lot of "downtime".