Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 65 reviews
on August 9, 2011
I have also investigated sex trafficking internationally and read thousands of pages concerning the heinous crimes associated with Human Trafficking...this is by far the best first person account I have read. Not only does the author describe his experiences in heart stopping detail, he is able to educate those who have a passion to serve the millions of tiny victims across the globe. We in the investigations and aftercare community should make this book a must read. And for those who want to get involved on a more personal level, support Walker's organization; Nvader. Bless you Mr. Walker for the service you have given, at great expense to you personally, to bring rescue to the sex-slaves who have no access to justice.
on January 11, 2013
In "God in a Brothel", Daniel Walker's account of being an agent in the very depths of the sex trafficking trade is raw, visceral, sobering, devastating, redemptive and triumphant all bundled into one.

This is a story about Walker's infiltration into the global sex trafficking industry. It is exciting with danger at every turn. It is heart-breaking as we come face to face with the horrific truths of the trade, and it is sobering as we consider that we are not immune to the effects of the sex industry.

Walker brings you right to the gates of hell. Into the underbelly of the underworld where the greatest depravities of humans are being lived out every minute of every day in your very neighbourhood. It is a shocking account that will leave you emotionally scarred.

The book is written as a personal account, but it is extremely informative. Walker explains in a straightforward manner how the sex trafficking industry works. He brings readers across the globe from South Asia and the Caribbean, to our very backyard in the United States. Every 2 chapters, there is a Facts section that bullet points how the human sex trade works. He also explains very pragmatically how to combat sex trafficking, how to get the criminals incarcerated and rescue the victims.

"God in a Brothel" opened my eyes and my heart. This is not something we can simply cast as an issue only affecting third world nations. It is happening in our very backyard, fuelled by our own insatiable desires. It is sobering when I consider that I would not have been able to have resisted the temptations that Walker faced.

There are no human heroes in this book. This is not an account of "good people" vs "bad people". There are only "bad people" and there's Jesus.

I am not the same after reading this book. I held my 3 month old son in my arms, cried and would not let him go. Can I protect my own children from the horrors of this broken world?

I challenge all to read Daniel Walker's "God in a Brothel". No, I dare you.
on July 5, 2013
This story is one man's account of trying to make a difference - one girl or child at a time - in the seedy bars and brothels around the world. Sadly he does not save everyone, even himself from the effects of this insidious evil in our midst. That he lasted so long, and did not succumb even further than he did, when faced with such exposure to temptation on a daily basis was a credit to his faith and God's grace. His is a lesson to others who wish to follow him in this work: Be accountable and realise that none of us are beyond temptation. He was brutally honest about what goes on in the business. How it is often the ordinary men leading ordinary lives who travel overseas to specifically prey on children and young women. Who support and fund sex trafficking. That was how he, as a New Zealander was able to front up and put on the guise of a client and be accepted as such. There is no happy ending in this book. How can there be? There is so much more to be done, one man can only do so much, but out there are some very thankful women and children who owe their freedom to God and this man. This is their story as much as his. Buy a copy and give it to the next man who says he is going on holiday to a known sex destination. This book will educate them, open their eyes and reveal the truth. The forced smiles of the women and children are pasted on faces that mirror pain and sorrow when turned away from the customer. Maybe the men will change their mind. Who knows. The journey starts here in our own countries. With us. Read it and pass it on.
on October 7, 2013
I have had a growing passion for fighting forms of sex trafficking/commercial sexual exploitation. So I have previously read a good amount concerning the subject of both domestic and international sexual exploitation. Though personally I am interested in the recovery and restoration of victims, I deeply appreciate the unique perspective that Daniel Walker offers in his role as an undercover investigator. I was especially challenged and rebuked by his chapter "Church".

It was an engaging book and it was hard for me to put down. He brings his experiences to life and I felt as if I were alongside him in his endeavors. I felt anxious as he described risky sting operations and burdened as he did in times when not every victim could be rescued. He is candid in his unveiling of the darkness and depth of this issue. He is strikingly honest in his account and personal struggles.
If you are interested in issues of trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation, I would definitely recommend this book, especially from a Christian standpoint. Even if you don't share Christian beliefs, I believe this is still a valuable read that would be worth your while.
on May 14, 2017
I am thoroughly indebted to the opened and candle of the author. It was connected to his spiritual journey, it shared truth and experience and it provided hope and a clarion call to get involved. I am so glad I bought it.
on September 20, 2016
This book is so sad. I've cried, and have got angry at those who can so easily take advantage of women and children. I was so excited when it came in so quickly! The seller was right on top of things and I got it sooner than expected. I haven't finished it yet, but I can already say that I recommend it to those who want to know more about the truth of sex trafficking, and get a better picture of how God sees these girls who are being abused every day.
on October 2, 2014
I was shocked to read how much of this is going on here in our own country. What I learned from reading this book is signs to watch for. I was literally heartbroken this goes on during the Superbowl. Wow!! the Johns earn such a profit.
I am thankful there are several concerned group, and churches that are rallying to help the public become aware of this disgusting act. May you all be aware of what is happening right here, and lets work together to put a stop to this.
Mothers, grandmothers, Aunt, teens, please read this book.
on July 28, 2013
A revealing account of the author's experiences in his role as an undercover advocate for those who find themselves victims of trafficking. The author is on a personal journey in recounting what he has been through. His remorse at how his actions and experiences affected his own marriage was evident. Wishing you both peace and happiness as you move you forward with your lives. The author lost himself in his job and this was certainly done with the noblest of intents - those he rescued are testament to his dedication. He did pay the ultimate price and is to be commended for his honesty and vulnerability. This book certainly heightens awareness of those less fortunate than ourselves and let's hope that readers heed the call of the author to address this issue.
on May 31, 2016
Disappointing. The author does not use segues to new chapters. The content is quite "stream of consciousness" at times. It is more about the personal and technical difficulties experienced by the author on his missions than about God in a Brohel. The author starts new chapters in widely divergent locations, and just assumes the reader knows where in the world he is.
on October 25, 2011
This book is the inspiring memoir of Daniel Walker, a police officer who bravely worked undercover fighting sex traffickers, slavers, and pedophiles. He did so at great peril to his safety, his life, his emotions, and his marriage and family. This book is inspiring because we need real life heroes who fight for what is right. This book is depressing because of the massive amount of dehumanizing sex trafficking happening around the world, including right here in the U.S.A. Officer Walker went undercover in several countries.

This book tells his story. Read it please.

Here is a question of ethics, for those people who believe lying is wrong all the time: What is your opinion of undercover police work, where the officers have to use fake names and pretenses in order to apprehend the evil?