- Age Range: 3 - 7 years
- Grade Level: Preschool - 2
- Hardcover: 40 pages
- Publisher: WaterBrook (August 23, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 160142874X
- ISBN-13: 978-1601428745
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 0.3 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (33 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #106,495 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
God Gave Us Thankful Hearts Hardcover – August 23, 2016
From timeless classics to new favorites, find children's books for every age and stage. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
LISA TAWN BERGREN is the best-selling author of nearly forty books, including God Gave Us You and the beloved God Gave Us children's series. Her creativity and love of writing spans many genres, from children's book and devotionals to adult fiction. She and her husband, Tim, reside in Colorado with their three children.
DAVID HOHN is an award-winning illustrator whose art has graced many popular children's books, including God Gave Us Christmas. He graduated with honors from the Maryland Institute College of Art and is finishing an MFA in Illustration program from the University of Hartford. David lives in Portland, Oregon with his family.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
“Well, there you are, Little Pup,” Mama said. “Why are you looking so glum?”
“I dunno,” he mumbled. “I’m just sad.”
“Well, there you are,Little Pup,” Mama said.“Why are you lookingso glum?”“I dunno,” he mumbled.“I’m just sad.”
“Because the leaves are changing colors andsoon it will be winter. I like spring, summer, and fall whenI can play with all my friends! Hibernatin’ season is boring.”
“You’ll still have some friends about come winter. And there’sa reason for us to be thankful in every season, Little Pup.”
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Little Pup is a young wolf pup that is experiencing sadness as autumn rolls into the Great north Woods. He knows that soon many of his friends will be going into hibernation for the winter. Little Pup must be sanguine! Haha! Always wanting to be out with his friends playing.
As mama and little pup walk through the beautifully painted forest, she tries to get little pup to notice the leaves and remember the good times he and his friends have enjoyed rolling in them. Mama is trying g to get little pup to learn to give thanks for the day and have a grateful heart. She makes a profound statement that we might remember when we need a dose of 'Gratefulness'. Mama tells little pup the trick to having a thankful heart is to think about things that make us happy (rather than thinking about things that don't).
From this point, little pup changes his way of thinking and starts pointing out things for which he is grateful.
GOD GAVE US THANKFUL HEARTS is part of a series of children's books by Lisa Tawn Bergren and artist David Holm. I recommend this book and think it would be a great addition to any home, or library - especially if used as a character building tool.
For more information on this book or another in this series check out Lisa Tawn Bergren.
I received this book from blogging for books, in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.
There are no Scripture references included in this book, but there are definite Biblical concepts:
1. At one point, Mama Wolf says, "The trick to having a thankful heart is thinking about the things that make us happy, rather than the things that don't." That is a concept based on Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
2. Papa Wolf says, "God gave us thankful hearts so we could praise him, even when we don't catch fish." (Hebrews 13:15 says, Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.)
3. Mama Wolf says, "We can be thankful for how God shows us the way, even when it seems a little scary." (Isaiah 41:10 says, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.)
These are all good reminders for children, as well as adults. So, if you have younger children or grandchildren, this would be a great book to snuggle in and read along with them this Fall season (or any season) of the year.
NOTE: I received this book from Blogging for Books for the purpose of this review. I have expressed my own opinion.
This book teaches children to be thankful no matter the situation. It teaches us to find things to be thankful for even when we feel disappointment in situations around us. It is good for everyday thankfulness but also a good supplement for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
The cover is a beautiful hard cover and the pages are printed on nice thick paper. It is very well made and will make a cute addition to your child’s library.
I highly recommend this book to anyone with small children who wants to teach them to be thankful. It is a Christian themed book. I received this book at no charge from [...] in exchange for an honest review.