Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 125 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on March 25, 2014
I received this book from the author as a gift, but the review is my own. I LOVE this book and I LOVE Jennifer. She is a writer and person who is always just down to earth and real. And when reading this book, she is no different and she brings it right to your heart. She really makes you take a step back and think about God and what is it we're truly looking at and is God giving us what we desserve, what His word says He will give to us or are we looking at things from the world perspective of giving and deserving and that is why we are disappointed and believe that things are unjust? I mean really, we deserve alot less than what we've actually been given and receive on a daily basis and yet our God loves us so much that He gives us so much more. Let Jennifer in her fresh and open way show you how God is always there beside us in the mist of life even when nothing seems just - Our God is just and He never forsakes His people. This truly is a must read and one to keep for reading again and again.
on August 24, 2016
I bought this book for $2. I wasn't expecting much, one generally gets what they pay for. In this instance though, the book was great and so helpful. When things don't go the way one wishes, the magic solutions don't exist...they aren't there. This book helps one work through it though. This book has so much great information and guidance. It's fun and informative to read.

I still hurt, I still wish God had done things differently but now I know better that he really is there with me. Thank you, Julia.
on January 1, 2017
The title describes the gist of this book: God deals out justice, not fairness. What that means is that we really don't deserve anything but justice for our sins/attitudes/etc... In today's world, it's easy to say to ourselves, "Gosh, that person is so much worse than I am. How come I don't get what they get? How come they are so successful?" Well, when we compare ourselves to God's holy law, we should realize that justice means punishment for us. Well, Jennifer reminds us that we are dealt grace, always, even if that includes a walk through darkness....
on February 3, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! Jennifer's raw honesty about her blindness and her season of real deep depression were authentic, raw and real. I would recommend this book for anyone, because part of the human experience is suffering. We have either suffered in the past, are currently suffering, OR we will experience suffering in the future. Having a Biblical model of what trusting God in the midst of unanswered questions looks like can help shorten that season.
on March 25, 2014
James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

"God Is Just Not Fair" is insightful and thought provoking about a personal journey through trials and disappointment. Jennifer Rothschild draws back the curtain on her inner struggle with her disappointment with God. I was struck by her honesty and forthrightness as she talked about her struggle with blindness and how it sometimes seems as if God is far away and uninterested in what is really going on with day-to-day living. The raw emotion she expresses helps the reader feel what she is feeling. It gives us permission to feel what we feel, but to move past the feeling to faith. I found myself both laughing and crying as I read. Jennifer asks the questions we all have when we face trial, suffering and disappointment. It is a book that will touch you emotionally and spiritually.

It is a book that I will give or recommend to my friends and family.
Although God hears our prayers, He does not always agree with the answers we ask for. Her belief is that He sees a bigger picture that we cannot understand. This book is an effort to explain why children and really good people suffer or die too young. It's as good at addressing these issues as I have read, but it takes powerful faith to accept. The world is too full of surviving torturers, thieves, and murderers, such as terrorists, who religiously destroy in the name of their god. This novel consoles as much as possible under the circumstances of such cruelties as well as those of weather and traveling accidents and the massive increase in germs and viruses. Although well written. the book does not prove that God is fair. Alice Dennis Kennedy. Author of THE STAR
on March 26, 2014
Having read and been thoroughly challenged by Jennifer Rothschild's book "Me, Myself, And Lies: A Thought-Closet Makeover", I was excited to take a look at her newest book, "God Is Just Not Fair - Finding Hope When Life Doesn't Make Sense." This book does not disappoint.

Jennifer shares personal experiences and looks at the challenging questions most of us deal with at one time or another, but rarely voice out loud:

God, Are You Fair?
God, Do You Err?
God, Do You Hear Prayer?
God, Do You Care?
God, Are You Aware?
God, Are You There?

Each of these sections of the book contain 4-5 chapters dealing with a deeper understanding of each question.

I find Jennifer's writings to be Biblically based, straightforward, easy to understand, encouraging and challenging. She helps us look at our hurts and questions with a new perspective. I highly recommend this book!
on March 25, 2014
I love this book and will be sharing it with a couple of friends who have gone through tough times. Jennifer shares honestly about her experiences with blindness that God has not healed. She writes in such a way that makes you feel as if your wise mentor is sitting right across the table from you. She openly shares her feelings, her reaction to God, and how God has challenged those reactions. She then gently challenges the reader's reactions to their own painful and "unfair" circumstances. She also offers practical advice on how to break unhealthy patterns of viewing God- for example, when God does not move "quickly" in a situation, Jennifer coaches the reader to a) cry when you hurt, b)trust God more than your feelings and c) choose loyalty over logic. Again, this is a great book for anyone who has gone through tough times and wondered where God is and why He doesn't seem to be acting- and haven't we all been there?
on March 25, 2014
Though Jennifer and I attend the same church, we are but acquaintances. I have watched her from afar thinking she has such a blessed life. She gets it, she never doubts God’s path for her life. Though this book I find out she gets lost in life too. She has the same plaguing questions of God that I have. Questions such as, God, do you hear me? God, please change this. God, do you care? This book reminds me that God has the big picture; I have only the 5x7. It reminds me to commit myself into HIS hands, HE has my path. I love that Jennifer says “our feelings are real, but they don’t always reflect absolute reality.” Trust God more than you trust your feelings.
If you are wrestling with the hard questions of God’s love for you Jennifer’s book, GOD is just NOT Fair will help to calm the emotions and shed light on your doubt. This book is an enlightening and beautiful read.

V. Evans
on March 25, 2014
This book is for anyone who has ever wrestled with the hard questions of faith…does God care? Does He hear my prayer? Is God fair? Jennifer Rothschild explores these questions through the lens of her own experience in dealing with the loss of her eyesight as a teenager, trusting God in the midst of her circumstances & seeing God use her to touch other women through her writing and speaking ministry yet found herself wrestling with depression in her 40's. As one who has experienced depression off and on throughout my life, I appreciate Jennifer's openness and honesty about her struggle with depression and the doubts about God that forced her to question the very foundation of her faith. Written with honesty, authenticity and vulnerability, God is Just Not Fair is a wonderful book that will encourage, give hope and provide a fuller picture of God’s goodness, His mercy, compassion and endless grace.