Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on December 20, 2009
Before I start here let me be clear because I am a bit biased. I am not a fan of Sarah Palin but got this book as a gag gift for my friend.

This book literally has nothing to do with Sarah Palin. It seems the author just put Sarah Palin's face on the cover and her name in the title as a clever marketing ploy. It is just a bunch of religious dogma and is very painful to read. I'd rather watch paint dry than read this book.

As I said before I am a bit biased. I do enjoy a counter view point and would have rated this book higher if it was well written but it is anything but.
3 helpful votes
on December 6, 2008
Excellent book to help understand a woman of courage and conviction in this age of aimlessness.
1 helpful vote
on December 27, 2008
This book is absolutely ridiculous. While the author may think herself clever to be grabbing nearly $17/book for a collection of cut-and-pasted quotes from obscure Bibles, I hope readers may read this with a more discerning eye. This book has little or nothing to do with Sarah Palin, other than a few ill-phrased comments at the beginning, and several repeated excerpts from newspapers and interviews. Even the 'introduction to praying' has little or nothing to do with true depth, and is more a cut-and-pasted sample of every phrase in the Bible that has the word 'prayer' in it. The author seems to have little to no knowledge of the subject she speaks of and I wouldn't recommend this to any Christian or person remotely curious about Christianity, much less someone hoping to actually learn something about Sarah Palin's background.
1 helpful vote
on October 6, 2008
In her earliest interviews when she was a Candidate for Vice President of the United States, Palin was asked about accepting the nomination. She said "there was NO hesitation", she accepted the nomination right away.WHAT? No mention of prayer before a major decision like being VP of the United States at all? WHY? Being Vice President would have changed her whole life and the life of her family but she never once said she had to pray or prayed about this and then she lost. That said it all about the Prayer life of Sarah Palin!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on October 13, 2008
If you want a simple introduction to prayer, maybe this is for you, but if you're looking for information on Sarah Palin, do not buy this book. I frankly feel cheated. The title and cover are completely misleading, questionable ethics demonstrated by the author of a Christian book. There are a few pages at the beginning about how Palin's life is a life of faith, not only politics, and a few pages at the end which are simply statements copied from other sources which provide evidence of Palin's faith life. The 120 pages in the middle have nothing directly to do with Palin at all. Benson apparently wrote a book on prayer and used the Palin phenomenon to market the book. Caveat emptor indeed. And the prayer material is almost all just cut and pasted passages from the Bible without any commentary by the author.

I recommend you buy a Bible and some other book on Palin. This is not serious publishing or honest marketing. I'm embarrassed that I fell for this. Learn from my example.
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
on October 30, 2008
This book is not about Sarah Palin. It is a book of biblical scriptures. While I love scripture, I already own several bibles and that is what this book is. I wanted to read more about Sarah Palin.
11 helpful votes