Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on February 15, 2015
Curtis has two anthologies, one more recent than the other, intended to answer the objections that the first was too centered on the Judeo-Christian tradition(s). I can't recall as I write my review which was which (the other is called "Faith: Stories")--but together they make a good pair for anyone who wants to read and think about the relationship between the human and the divine. I also recommend supplementing them with a third anthology, _A Celestial Omnibus: Short Fiction on Faith_, which is more diverse still.
on August 11, 2017
Book in excellent condition.
Thank you.
on December 8, 2013
I have read this book as well as another book edited by Mr. Curtis. And I have recommended this book to others and used in a weekly book study at our church a couple of years ago. To me it proves that God provides truth in whatever context it is presented. Some Christians may write-off secular authors or musicians but I feel that all truth is God's truth. If we listen carefully we can learn from the words of a variety of people seeking spiritual truth.
on June 30, 2016
This is a collection of stories from well known authors. The editor of this collection is providing the reader the opportunity to determine how each author may be using the characters' to present scenarios of goodness/evil.
on August 4, 2015
I did not connections to God in many of these stories, nor did a few of them make any sense. I did not really care for this collection.
on April 29, 2016
Good stories, got any more like them?
on April 26, 2014
We are using the book in a Bib-Lit Reading Group. We have used several collections - and the short stories in this book are outstanding and thought provoking. Thank you.
on September 13, 2013
The stories I have read in this book so far are very different than I thought they would be. I must say they are very intriguing and I enjoy the short story versions.
on August 9, 2014
Good summertime Sunday school reading--brief, well written stories.
on November 5, 2009
I sent a review earlier, but it must not have received. My book arrived in the right amount of time, and was brand new. I am very happy with the service. Virginia Cox