Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,061 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,181 reviews
on December 29, 2014
This is a great collection of all the main games in the God of War series (Ascension came out later, thus its exclusion), and really for what you're getting for the price, you really can't beat the value of this pack. I won't review every game individually, but I will say this - all of these games are surprisingly solid, even today. I expected maybe some of the older games to not hold up as well, but they do (the PS2 and PSP games look gorgeous in HD, I might add). Every game here is great, and with the price making them under $5 each, it's absolutely worth it if you've wanted to try this series before. You'd be crazy not to.

Why do I give it a 4 out of 5, then? Well, there is a small flaw with the package, as many others have noted. Two of the five games aren't included on a disc, instead being available through a download code included in the package. The code works fine, and the games play fine, but the download for both the games is somewhere in the ballpark of 15-20 gb. It's a hefty download, and it takes a long time on PS3. In addition, if you don't have internet access, this means you will not be playing these games.

The reason this bothers me is because these two games - the PSP titles - were available on a disc at one time, called the God of War Origins Collection. It seems to still be available, too, so why they couldn't have included the disc in the package is beyond me - it just reeks of cheapness and laziness, to be honest. God of War 1 and 2 are simply a repurposed God of War HD Collection disc, so including the Origins disc would have been the same thing.

Aside from that, the only true negative I have hit so far with the collection is that God of War 2 has frozen on me quite a few times. I'm not sure what causes it as it seems to be random for me, but it's also a hard freeze - i.e., I have to shut the entire system down, not just quit the game. Very annoying.

Overall I would recommend the collection highly - it's 5 great games at a great price. Just be aware of the things I mentioned above if any of it bothers you.
on October 3, 2013
The games are filled woth graphic violence and gore.Afair amount on nudity and the sex minigame which oddly makes sense for these games.Is it needed?no,but it does give an idea of the kind of person kratos is.Yet even with the violence and sex there is a well written storyline.A tale of obssesion and revenge that could easily equal some of the great greek tragedies.Kratos is the ultimate antihero and a charater you sometimes love to hate but can't stop watching his tale unfold.Throughout the games you face enemies taken from greek myth.Combat is smooth with a variety of weapoms and abilities to use.Graphics are beautiful and charaters are surprisingly detailed.If your a fan of greek mythology,tragedy or of action games you will love this colletion.Five games in one and for 30 dollars.I'd recomend this game collection to any one 17 and over looking for a great action game.
on February 2, 2015
This is the best compilation I have ever played.

God of war 1 & 2

Wonderfully remastered, I really was pining to play those old PS2 games for some time. the audio & visuals were done to play on High def widescreen tvs. I loved every second of it.

God of war 3

This is the absolute best game I have ever played on the PS3 so far.

1. the visuals are simply stunning, The level of detail and lighting was amazing. the best of any game I have ever seen.
2. the sound, very captivating and well done.
3. I loved how they but the combo markers on the sides of the screen, square on the left, circle on the right, triangle on the top & the X on the bottom. you don't need to stare at one point of the screen and miss the visuals. This made it much more enjoyable to play as well as less painful.
4. Its brutal and bloody, Kratos is no saint and he is portrayed in the manor he is, a brute, tearing arms off NPCs and using them to beat them with.

All in all its the first God of War title I felt compelled to replay multiple times because it is just so amazing. I really wish they would make more of this franchise, If they had more GOW games like part three, I would buy, buy buy... they have a gold mine here and should take advantage of it.....
on April 15, 2017
Husband loves this game, and for the price, it was a steal! It works so far with no glitches, delivered quickly!
on January 1, 2014
I'm an old PC first person shooter gamer that bought a PS3 for the Blu-Ray playback. Eventually, I started messing around with games, downloading demo's mostly, although I bought Gran Turismo 5 and (don't laugh) Duke Nukem Forever for $2.95 at Wally World.

Too old and spastic, I guess, my challenge has been in the shooters, where I'm typically looking the wrong way and not necessarily even moving in the right direction.

I turned on the PS3 a while back and they were offering the God of War demo. With nothing to lose, I went ahead with the download and installation. While I prefer the first person perspective, I really enjoyed the demo and could easily control the 3rd person player and actions, so bought this Saga collection. In no order other than how it comes to mind, a few things to note:

- 3 games on the included disks, 2 games to download and a Game Director's Live video, (if you want it.)

- Complete installation as reported by the PS3 Game Data Utility, *without* the directors video, with the disk content installed and the two downloads completed and installed. (I'm not sure if this is the correct way to get the correct amount of storage used):

God of War Collection: 39MB
God of War 3: 5377MB

- I entered the code printed in the disk case, it saw and made available all of the content, which I downloaded and installed without issue.

- I'm starting at the beginning and am working my way through all the games. I've tested them all, though, and do NOT see cut off screens as was reported by another reviewer. I'm not sure if I received newer disk versions, or if my hardware is up-converting or whatever in such a way that all the expected display is there. My PS3 is running through a home theater system to the Samsung 1080p TV.

- If you read the inner paper where the promotional code is printed, it says, "...Code expires 3/31/2016. Once code is redeemed, however, the entitlement permits download of the God of War Origins Collection to 2 activated devices even after Code expiration as long as the items are still available..."

Even with the obvious "as long as the items are still available" loophole, this would still a great deal even without the two downloaded games, in my opinion. And for $23.99 with free Prime shipping, you simply can't go wrong.
on December 9, 2013
I was happy to see the God of War Saga (mostly) all together in one place. I had played the first game about halfway through and abandoned it for games with less platforming when it first came out then never went back to it and never got the first sequel before getting rid of my PS2. With the PS4 and Xbox One coming out I decided to get a PS3 to play (bargain priced) games exclusive to it and have a blu ray player rather than take the plunge on a new console with limited titles available. So naturally the first thing I went for was this God of War Saga.

A couple things to note: The package is misprinted in stating that GOWIII and the two downloads are in stereoscopic 3D, only the downloaded games are in 3D also 2 of the 5 games are as previously stated included as a download voucher so you will need to download them to your console. If you don't have an internet connection this may be a problem for you. I would have liked them to be included on a disk. It would have saved me some bandwidth. Both downloads completed long before I was done playing the first game but I am worried the voucher will expire and I will be unable to download them again in the future should I need to delete them to make space for other stuff or if I have a console or drive failure.

The Remastering is done pretty well. Gameplay looks great in HD and all updated. In the first game you will notice that the game and the cinematics look excellent but the mini cut-scenes (like where it shows a door opening) look ancient and worse than I remember them looking on the PS2 (probably enlarged too much going from SD to 1080p). In GOW II and up this is less noticeable. I would have hoped that some of the more controversially difficult scenes would have been reworked as well but they are still just as difficult as I remember them (like the spike room and the spire etc where an extra 1/2 a second would be amazing). The controls are as they were in the original games. It would have been cool if they had remapped them or had an option for making all the games control the same to make it a little more fun for people planning to play these as a marathon.

These games have an epic feel based on ancient greek mythology and the stories of the Gods of Olympus and the Titans. They only stay true to mythology (if thats a thing) when it doesn't get in the way of the story of Kratos and making the game fun. I would like the game a lot better without all the platforming (jumping from this to that) and puzzles but the story and action are good enough that I suffer through it. To me the platforming and puzzles feel like it drags the game out and they feel out of place. If you are not a fan of platformers I suggest getting a strategy guide or viewing a walkthrough online while playing to make that part go a bit faster. Just keep in mind you don't have to collect every item and visit every orb chest to get a satisfying God of War experience. You can skip more than a few of them.

The games are all 5-Star but the misprint on the package saying GOWIII is in 3D and 2 of the 5 games being downloads prompted me to take away a star for the collection. 5 games with probably 12-15 hours of gameplay each is a good deal though so I can't be too critical.

Update: Some are saying their download codes did not work. Mine did. That is all.
on January 12, 2015
Let me get this out of the way first.....You do get two discs but.....the discs only have God Of War,God Of War 2,and God Of War 3.You get a voucher with it to download the two other ones that they mention about in the description.But still,you can not beat the cost of all three games in one.Some buyers that left a bad review of this game pack do not know what they are talking about.Because,God Of War and God Of War 2 have been remastered in High Quality from the original versions(Ps2).....But there is alot more detail in the games....If you do purchase this you will then know what I am talking about.Plus,playing on easy on the remaster versions of the game has more enemies that they throw at you.
on February 23, 2014
...until they release a new compilation that includes Ascension (and maybe even Betrayal). That said, this is a great way for someone like myself who has missed a few games in this seminal series to get caught up with souped-up versions at a great price. However, if you are all GoW'd out - or already own most of these games - you may not feel the need plop down the cash for this latest collection.

One last note: The Origins Collection component to this package (the PSP remakes and a directors interview video) is only available for download via a code provided with the game. This is strange to me, seeing as how it seems the South American release included those games on actual disks as well. Regardless, there was a big hubbub about this since some people were buying Saga only to find the code had already expired, and thus they were Kratos-level cursed to only get three of the five games they had expected. I checked online and saw that Sony had extended the deadline until March of 2014, so I knew I was safe. What I didn't know was that upon receiving the game, the deadline was actually stated to run until March of 2016 in the enclosed flyer. That is great news for people who are still thinking about picking up this great collection a bit late-ish, as I did. Anyone concerned about that deadline should be fine for years to come... but then you may want to wait for that collectors edition with Ascension that you know Sony will be pushing a little ways down the line.
on May 13, 2013
If you're concerned about the voucher being expired and not getting everything you paid for, please read this:

[...]

They have extended the voucher until 3/31/2014.

Yes, it is still annoying that it doesn't come on it's own disk but I can hardly complain for the price I paid(at the time it was $34). Even if it didn't come with the two PSP games, it would still save me money over buying GoW 1, 2, and 3. Adding in the fact that you do also get the PSP games, and you're getting an amazing buy on several amazing games, 2 being DLC or not.

But just to be clear, they have extended the vouchers!!!

EDIT:
They have re-extended these voucchers once again until 3/31/2016
1212 comments| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2014
5 GoW games for under $20? I can't think of a better value! GoW 3 is one of my favorite games and a must play for any PS3 owner. The first two are PS2 classics as well and look great now in HD. These games are engaging and keep you on your toes. You don't just go hack n' slashing everything in sight like a lot of adventure games. There are puzzles that will make you test your problem solving skills, but none of them felt unfair or overly involved. I have not played the PSP GoW games yet so I cannot comment on them but I will say even if you just play 1,2 and 3 you will get more than your money's worth. I highly recommend this series

My only criticism is the case this game came in felt super cheap compared to other PS3 cases, I ended up breaking the crease between the back and spine just by opening it. Not the end of the world but I kind of expected more.

Please keep in mind you have to redeem a code for the PSP games and they are stored on your HD.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.