Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Format: Video Game|Change

on May 13, 2013
If you're concerned about the voucher being expired and not getting everything you paid for, please read this:

[...]

They have extended the voucher until 3/31/2014.

Yes, it is still annoying that it doesn't come on it's own disk but I can hardly complain for the price I paid(at the time it was $34). Even if it didn't come with the two PSP games, it would still save me money over buying GoW 1, 2, and 3. Adding in the fact that you do also get the PSP games, and you're getting an amazing buy on several amazing games, 2 being DLC or not.

But just to be clear, they have extended the vouchers!!!

EDIT:
They have re-extended these voucchers once again until 3/31/2016
1212 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2012
What can I say about God of War series that hasn't been said before? It is an amazing game series and is a must have for all gamers. It has a great story especially if you enjoy Greek mythology like me. I think it has the best boss battles in video game history and I am being serious. There isn't anything that I don't like about the games.

What I don't like is..... Finding voucher to download God of War Origins. I always prefer disc version over download content. I actually thought I was missing a disc after I opened it. It doesn't say anywhere in the detail description or even on the game case about download voucher so I thought it was very misleading for Sony to do that. I know exactly why Sony did that though... They want people to buy NEW so they get the profit and stop people from buying/selling used. However, it bothers customers like me who feels like I was duped and I never had any intention of ever selling God of War Saga.

Hey Sony.... Next time, put an asterisk on the cover and say " *God of War Origins comes as download voucher".

*Edit: After reading the tiny (font size 0) licensing mumbo jumbo on the back of the box case, Sony makes reference to God of War Origins voucher. It is hidden under all the video support, online pass, licensing, distribution, trademark and other lawyer stuff garbage that nobody really reads. Sony is sneaky.
1414 comments| 250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
I jumped at the opportunity to pick this package up on sale but was bummed to find that there was not PS+ code, game manuals, and that 2 of the 5 Full Games advertised on the front are actually download codes. I have not issue with that if it is clearly marked. Additionally the voucher included has an expiration date of 3/31/2013 so if you plan on picking this up make sure to redeem the code before it expires - oh also the terms of when the code is valid is also subject to change without notice, I would hate to pick this up and not get the 5 games promised on the front cover.
88 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2014
Great game, awesome package, many hours of gameplay. For those of you who are wondering the DLC is still active and will be until March 31, 2016 so you have an ample amount of time to redeem the code.
on May 29, 2014
Great deal on this if u want 5 games!!! u know what it is so no need to talk about the games.

The game voucher shows valid from 8/21/12-3/31/16* My code worked.
review image
on February 23, 2014
...until they release a new compilation that includes Ascension (and maybe even Betrayal). That said, this is a great way for someone like myself who has missed a few games in this seminal series to get caught up with souped-up versions at a great price. However, if you are all GoW'd out - or already own most of these games - you may not feel the need plop down the cash for this latest collection.

One last note: The Origins Collection component to this package (the PSP remakes and a directors interview video) is only available for download via a code provided with the game. This is strange to me, seeing as how it seems the South American release included those games on actual disks as well. Regardless, there was a big hubbub about this since some people were buying Saga only to find the code had already expired, and thus they were Kratos-level cursed to only get three of the five games they had expected. I checked online and saw that Sony had extended the deadline until March of 2014, so I knew I was safe. What I didn't know was that upon receiving the game, the deadline was actually stated to run until March of 2016 in the enclosed flyer. That is great news for people who are still thinking about picking up this great collection a bit late-ish, as I did. Anyone concerned about that deadline should be fine for years to come... but then you may want to wait for that collectors edition with Ascension that you know Sony will be pushing a little ways down the line.
on January 30, 2014
Well so far so good but, the main reason i wanted to write this is to let people know if you get a new copy, your code should be Valid through 3/31/2016.

Also i finished God Of War: Chains Of Olympus in 7 hours and it was a blast.
+Fantastic Combat
+Ok Story
+Easy to learn Controls
+Easy Plat for trophy hunters, just finished last night and i'm 4 trophies away from the Plat.
- Wonky Camera sometimes can't see the whole place so you could get hit.
- Of course the fact that these games are downloadable instead of just throwing extra GOW Origins Discs in here. (8GB)

God Of War Chains Of Olympus 8.0/10.
Will rate the rest of the games when i get to them.
on January 1, 2016
I ABSOLUTELY love God of War and this collection includes FIVE FULL games!! yes there are two discs. the first Disc contains GOW 1 AND 2, The second Disc contains GOW 3. Now, You're probably wondering where the other two games are and they are available for download from the PlayStation store. They are GOW: Chain of Olympus and GOW: Ghost of Sparta. I recommend having a high speed internet connection to download these two games because they are FULL games after all so they are huge in data! The PROMOTION CODE expires 3/31/2016. They renew it whenever it expires so don't worry about that. Honestly, I'm surprised that they offer all of these games at such a ridiculously low price!! I'm still on the first game and having a blast! Get yours today.
on September 23, 2015
For the price it can't be beaten - God of War is a marque game series that defines this genre on the PS3 - some gamers I suspect may have been heavily influenced by GoW alone just to chose this platform.

For me, I'm certainly not a gamer, but having picked up a used PS3 recently for cheap cheap money (50), I thought why not? This is definitely the time to pick up cheap yesteryear games on the PS3 rather than $60 titles on the PS4, especially if you're not too fussy about keeping up with the latest and greatest and secondly, it's clear (to me) that the PS4 may undergo a hardware revision to offer better 4k support (whether intermediary interface support, or something more long term such as displayport).

So all in all, I think for us non-gamer types, the PS3 might be undergoing a renaissance. It's a great blu ray player, and you'd be mad to buy just the DVD version these days. Also the Atari 2600 was the last time I played in anger, possibly losing life years on Asteroids - I would say though that I do miss the simplicity of those Atari games. To that end I'm more tuned to (simpler) Diablo vs GoW - GoW is definitely an adventure - visually fantastic and something almost movie like that you'd want to watch just to see what comes next. Love the mythological context. For a gamer, I'm sure that it's second nature to make all the complex moves to battle through the game - for me I'm little less "capable", but definitely have no regrets about buying the game.

OK so a couple of feedback items:

1. Two of the games are downloads and they are MASSIVE - so although you have the 1,2,3 on discs, you'll have to wait for the download and install of the two others. Also disc size fills up FAST - don't have the PS3 to hand, but if I remember correctly Olympus and Sparta downloads take up close to 10Gig each. Add in all those demos and maybe a movie or four and suddenly your drive is full.

2. The original description promised a voucher for a 1 month trial of the playstation plus membership - there was no voucher in the brand new package - it's not just me - noone will get the voucher. I called both SCEA (The Sony game people who made the game) who directed me back to Amazon. Note for SCEA - I don't like it when people don't take responsibility for their own products. It was written on the case and you're clearly not supplying what you sell. At least Amazon has taken down the incorrect description.

OK that's it. It's a great value for 5 top tier games. Buy it new vs used to ensure the download codes haven't already been redeemed.

Dingo
on December 14, 2014
First off, I'm going to explain a few common concern: when does the redeem code expire? It doesn't expire until 31 March of 2016. This is plenty of time if you're buying it as a gift for someone. Another concern: how much data is the God of War Origins Collection? God of War Ghost of Sparta is 9306 MB, equivalent to 9.3 GB. God of War Chains of Olympus is 7,533 MB, or 7.5 GB. Plus, you get two videos with it: one is 1,657 MB (1.6 GB), and the other is 1,386 MB (1.3 GB). I highly advise purchasing if you do not have a PS3 with a large storage capacity, as the combined total for the four is approximately 17 GB (or 16.8 GB if you only want the two games). Plus, each God of War game has a mandatory install and save space, 39 MB for the GOW Collection (1 and 2), 5.3 MB for God of War 3, etc. Final concern: are GOW appropriate games for children? Absolutely not. It contains extreme blood and gore as well as nudity (it takes place over 1,000 years ago, so naturally, women did not cover their breasts).

Now, to review the games: God of War is easily one of the best video game series. Ever. The story is wonderful if you're into Greek mythology, the game play is very fun and addictive, combat system is awesome, and puzzles can be very tricky but fun to solve. The story modes are fairly lengthy, which is good. God of War has great replay value: by beating the game, you unlock Challenges which you'll spend a few hours on. In addition, you also unlock very hard difficulty, new game plus (restarting the story mode with all upgrades you had from prior play-through), costumes which provide bonuses, and a fair amount of Trophies to unlock. I've been playing God of War since it was out on the PS2... and here I am, still playing about 10 years later. The games have been remastered: graphics are notably improved. I wouldn't quite consider it to be HD, but they still did good. And above all, the price was low. Five epic games for $20 new, compared to around $50 to buy them all separately (or around $35 if you buy used).

If you wish to play in chronological order, first play God of War Chains of Olympus, followed by God of War 1, God of War Ghost of Sparta, God of War 2, and finally God of War 3. If you wish to play in order they came out: God of war 1, then 2, then Chains of Olympus, God of War 3, and finally Ghost of Sparta. If you're too impatient to wait for Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta to download, then start by playing God of War 1, then 2, then 3. Chains of Olympus is a prequel, and both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta aren't necessary to understand the story.