Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,063 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,183 reviews
on May 13, 2013
If you're concerned about the voucher being expired and not getting everything you paid for, please read this:

[...]

They have extended the voucher until 3/31/2014.

Yes, it is still annoying that it doesn't come on it's own disk but I can hardly complain for the price I paid(at the time it was $34). Even if it didn't come with the two PSP games, it would still save me money over buying GoW 1, 2, and 3. Adding in the fact that you do also get the PSP games, and you're getting an amazing buy on several amazing games, 2 being DLC or not.

But just to be clear, they have extended the vouchers!!!

EDIT:
They have re-extended these voucchers once again until 3/31/2016
1212 comments| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2017
first off disclaimer: if i compare any games or say i prefer a game over another i am NOT being biased. i never force my opinions on anyone reading these reviews only stating my own preferences. i dont try to influence opinions and simply out the facts up front as i see them.
that said lets get down to it.
ok lets start chronologicly
chains of olympus:
i like this one. its kratos early years of servitude to the gods. set about 5 years before god of war in terms of story
morpheus and persephone are trying to destroy the world and put the gods to sleep.
this was a psp game upscaled for ps3. and it shows. while it is graphicly bad next to the other games it makes up for it with fun.
god of war: this is one of my favorite games of all time. i once owned it on ps2 before it was damaged and needed to be replaced leading to the purchase of this set.
from what i recall of the ps2 version this one looks slightly better it is a quite beautiful game. one thing annoys me for some reason (at least i dont remember it) r1 now has some sort of weird dodge charge thing, as a result the grab button is on r2 (why couldnt it be reversed) the one part with the statue in athens was near impossible just because of the button choice. i dont know if its all ps3 controllers but my r2 is very springy and that makes rapid taps hard as such i couldnt push the statue over with my finger alone i had to flip the controller over backwards and use my left thumb. that small bit aside nd having to get used to l2 to grab things i think gow was as great as i remembered it,
ghost of sparta: this opened with a resounding meh. graphicly its as bad or worse than chains. one problem both games have is kratos looks squished or stretched (i assume its from the psp conversion)and while i didnt care for it at first, the story kept me invested as kratos learned his brother is alive and held captive by thanatos and his daughter erinys. as the game progressed though i enjoyed it more and the ending redeemed the game.and i ended up really liking sparta.
god of war 2: oh this game. here is where ( at least for me you dont have to agree if you like gow2) the story took a nose dive.
so now the gods are unhappy with kratos and zeus takes matters into his own hands leading to lots of horror.
gameplay wise is great. some of the traps are too ludicrously hard (low lands crossing anyone? or phoenix fire statue puzzle and spike room to name other examples) the opening battle against the colossus of rhodes is oft mentioned for good reason. normal difficulty is as hard as the hard modes on most other non gow games. graphicly i will say this is the best gow2 has ever looked it is more beautiful than even gow 1.
and finally gow 3:
this game. oh this game was weird.
picking up right where 2 left off kratos begins his assault on mt olympus and an all out war on the gods.
i died 36 times last i looked and im pretty sure not once in combat. this game has some horrific platform puzzle sections that will kill you plenty even on easy. kratos pretty much becomes an unlikeable murderer. hes always been brutal but in earlier games he was nice to women an children at least. in one part he literally rescues a woman then shoves her into a wheel to jam it to keep the door open ! the poor girl did nothing to him. she wasnt even one of the gods he was hunting just one of poseidan's lovers. anyway brutality aside the game play would go from fun to cheap death traps on a dime drop. all leading to an anti climax after the zeus fight.
that said my favorite fight was against hercules (voice by kevin sorbo :D ) also the violence is much more graphic in gow 3. t he remains of hercs face were quite disturbing to look at.
final verdict this set is worth your money. games are like people they have flaws but that dosent mean you dont want to hang out with them.(usually)
so my rating for each game individually are as follows.
god of war : 5
chains of olympus: 4 and a half
god of war 2 : 4
ghost of sparta: 4
god of war 3 : 4
on September 23, 2015
For the price it can't be beaten - God of War is a marque game series that defines this genre on the PS3 - some gamers I suspect may have been heavily influenced by GoW alone just to chose this platform.

For me, I'm certainly not a gamer, but having picked up a used PS3 recently for cheap cheap money (50), I thought why not? This is definitely the time to pick up cheap yesteryear games on the PS3 rather than $60 titles on the PS4, especially if you're not too fussy about keeping up with the latest and greatest and secondly, it's clear (to me) that the PS4 may undergo a hardware revision to offer better 4k support (whether intermediary interface support, or something more long term such as displayport).

So all in all, I think for us non-gamer types, the PS3 might be undergoing a renaissance. It's a great blu ray player, and you'd be mad to buy just the DVD version these days. Also the Atari 2600 was the last time I played in anger, possibly losing life years on Asteroids - I would say though that I do miss the simplicity of those Atari games. To that end I'm more tuned to (simpler) Diablo vs GoW - GoW is definitely an adventure - visually fantastic and something almost movie like that you'd want to watch just to see what comes next. Love the mythological context. For a gamer, I'm sure that it's second nature to make all the complex moves to battle through the game - for me I'm little less "capable", but definitely have no regrets about buying the game.

OK so a couple of feedback items:

1. Two of the games are downloads and they are MASSIVE - so although you have the 1,2,3 on discs, you'll have to wait for the download and install of the two others. Also disc size fills up FAST - don't have the PS3 to hand, but if I remember correctly Olympus and Sparta downloads take up close to 10Gig each. Add in all those demos and maybe a movie or four and suddenly your drive is full.

2. The original description promised a voucher for a 1 month trial of the playstation plus membership - there was no voucher in the brand new package - it's not just me - noone will get the voucher. I called both SCEA (The Sony game people who made the game) who directed me back to Amazon. Note for SCEA - I don't like it when people don't take responsibility for their own products. It was written on the case and you're clearly not supplying what you sell. At least Amazon has taken down the incorrect description.

OK that's it. It's a great value for 5 top tier games. Buy it new vs used to ensure the download codes haven't already been redeemed.

Dingo
on February 13, 2016
God of War: Saga Collection incorporates every God of War game from the PSP and Playstation 2. It includes God of War I, II, III, Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta. The graphics have been updated and trophies have been added and all content remain intact. Whether or not you're a fan of the series or are new to it, this collection is awesome. It has everything you need on two convenient discs which makes the marathon a lot easier.

One of the drawbacks is that the PSP games, Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are not included on the discs but rather, you have to download them. The game itself comes with a voucher that includes codes to get the games which will then have to be downloaded and installed. It's not that huge of a deal but it would have been more convenient on the discs.

I love the series, had some of the games but not all of them, especially the PSP ones. It's nice to have all of the games in one place, updated graphics and trophies included. The voucher is a downer but otherwise, God of War is a very fun game with a nice story behind it.
on December 29, 2014
This is a great collection of all the main games in the God of War series (Ascension came out later, thus its exclusion), and really for what you're getting for the price, you really can't beat the value of this pack. I won't review every game individually, but I will say this - all of these games are surprisingly solid, even today. I expected maybe some of the older games to not hold up as well, but they do (the PS2 and PSP games look gorgeous in HD, I might add). Every game here is great, and with the price making them under $5 each, it's absolutely worth it if you've wanted to try this series before. You'd be crazy not to.

Why do I give it a 4 out of 5, then? Well, there is a small flaw with the package, as many others have noted. Two of the five games aren't included on a disc, instead being available through a download code included in the package. The code works fine, and the games play fine, but the download for both the games is somewhere in the ballpark of 15-20 gb. It's a hefty download, and it takes a long time on PS3. In addition, if you don't have internet access, this means you will not be playing these games.

The reason this bothers me is because these two games - the PSP titles - were available on a disc at one time, called the God of War Origins Collection. It seems to still be available, too, so why they couldn't have included the disc in the package is beyond me - it just reeks of cheapness and laziness, to be honest. God of War 1 and 2 are simply a repurposed God of War HD Collection disc, so including the Origins disc would have been the same thing.

Aside from that, the only true negative I have hit so far with the collection is that God of War 2 has frozen on me quite a few times. I'm not sure what causes it as it seems to be random for me, but it's also a hard freeze - i.e., I have to shut the entire system down, not just quit the game. Very annoying.

Overall I would recommend the collection highly - it's 5 great games at a great price. Just be aware of the things I mentioned above if any of it bothers you.
on January 1, 2016
I ABSOLUTELY love God of War and this collection includes FIVE FULL games!! yes there are two discs. the first Disc contains GOW 1 AND 2, The second Disc contains GOW 3. Now, You're probably wondering where the other two games are and they are available for download from the PlayStation store. They are GOW: Chain of Olympus and GOW: Ghost of Sparta. I recommend having a high speed internet connection to download these two games because they are FULL games after all so they are huge in data! The PROMOTION CODE expires 3/31/2016. They renew it whenever it expires so don't worry about that. Honestly, I'm surprised that they offer all of these games at such a ridiculously low price!! I'm still on the first game and having a blast! Get yours today.
on October 3, 2013
The games are filled woth graphic violence and gore.Afair amount on nudity and the sex minigame which oddly makes sense for these games.Is it needed?no,but it does give an idea of the kind of person kratos is.Yet even with the violence and sex there is a well written storyline.A tale of obssesion and revenge that could easily equal some of the great greek tragedies.Kratos is the ultimate antihero and a charater you sometimes love to hate but can't stop watching his tale unfold.Throughout the games you face enemies taken from greek myth.Combat is smooth with a variety of weapoms and abilities to use.Graphics are beautiful and charaters are surprisingly detailed.If your a fan of greek mythology,tragedy or of action games you will love this colletion.Five games in one and for 30 dollars.I'd recomend this game collection to any one 17 and over looking for a great action game.
on February 8, 2017
Wow, this came earlier than expected!! Great, the only downer is that the DL codes for chains of olympus and ghost of sparta expired like 2 years ago
on February 2, 2015
This is the best compilation I have ever played.

God of war 1 & 2

Wonderfully remastered, I really was pining to play those old PS2 games for some time. the audio & visuals were done to play on High def widescreen tvs. I loved every second of it.

God of war 3

This is the absolute best game I have ever played on the PS3 so far.

1. the visuals are simply stunning, The level of detail and lighting was amazing. the best of any game I have ever seen.
2. the sound, very captivating and well done.
3. I loved how they but the combo markers on the sides of the screen, square on the left, circle on the right, triangle on the top & the X on the bottom. you don't need to stare at one point of the screen and miss the visuals. This made it much more enjoyable to play as well as less painful.
4. Its brutal and bloody, Kratos is no saint and he is portrayed in the manor he is, a brute, tearing arms off NPCs and using them to beat them with.

All in all its the first God of War title I felt compelled to replay multiple times because it is just so amazing. I really wish they would make more of this franchise, If they had more GOW games like part three, I would buy, buy buy... they have a gold mine here and should take advantage of it.....
on April 15, 2017
Husband loves this game, and for the price, it was a steal! It works so far with no glitches, delivered quickly!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.