Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 7, 2014
Great, thought provoking book. Michaelson tackled this difficult subject with intelligence, humor, and grace. The issue of whether or not homosexuality is portrayed as a forbidden sin in the Bible and Torah or not is often every emotional. People on both sides of the argument become angry and hateful people when they argue their case. Thankfully, Michaelson has listened to the hearts and concerns of those with whom he disagrees with and tackles the most intimate, and difficult aspects of this dilemma throughly. I enjoyed the author's intelligent writing style, but I appreciated his love for those on both sides of the issue most of all. I would quickly recommend this book to anyone seeking to learn more about this subject. Thank you Jay Michaelson.
on February 20, 2015
Basing his "theology" on love Michaelson summarizes much modern thought on gay history and spirituality but does it in a very unique blend of fact and overall Biblical meaning. Just as Jesus summarized the two greatest commandments for us, Michaelson puts gay acceptance and spirituality in the framework of Biblical love, justice and mercy. I highly recommend this book.
on May 19, 2017
Have only read first couple chapters and am enjoying it very much.
would likely give it 5 stars once I'm done!
on July 26, 2017
Wonderfully insightful book. Very well written. Thank you
on February 26, 2012
I'm not a man of much words. I will summarize it with this ones: It changed my life... not saying that after reading it things are going extraordinary, BUT it did helped me find who I really am, it helped me realize how amazing is God's love. It's profound, since the author is a scholar, he does know what he is talking about, and so refreshing to read.

If you are having any problems with your faith and your sexuality, I HIGHLY recommend you to read this book.-I ask for forgiveness to the author, because this words aren't definitively enough to express this book's accomplishment-

Best whishes! Hope it comes in handy as it did to me.

God bless you!

JS
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on April 28, 2016
Reading through this book for a group study...so far enjoying it very much
on January 6, 2013
I have heard Jay speak many times. He is always so passionate and real. His book reflects his passion and puts a perspective out there that we don't always see. He goes to Universities, conferences, temples and more to speak and promote his book. He is very dynamic and always a delight to hear. He also writes for many publications and does not only focus on his book title, rather uses a more holistic approach to his writings and interviews. Sometimes I wonder how so much knowledge can be stored in one mind. I highly recommend.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on July 3, 2016
Every Synagogue should have this!
on April 1, 2012
I love Jay Michaelson's approch to the controversial ideological debate of Gay Marriage and God. Love that he breaks down very complex text to be very detailed. You can not get this confused after you have read it. I have spent many nights just reflecting on his words that I read. This is one awesome book!!!
God vs. Gay?: The Religious Case for Equality (Queer Action/Queer Ideas)
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on December 26, 2012
Jay Michaelson is, successfully,attempting to redefine for the religious community- gay and straight alike- a new conversation on homosexuality. A conversation that is based on concepts of love, justice and grace. Michelson's personal experience and anecdotes allow the reader to get not only a scholarly view of the issue but a personal one too. Great, important book.
3 helpful votes