- File Size: 2538 KB
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Deborah L. Davitt; 2 edition (January 23, 2015)
- Publication Date: January 23, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00SP3TODI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#891,276 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #483 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Greek & Roman
- #485 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- #555 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
The Goddess Denied (The Saga of Edda-Earth Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Word Wise: Enabled|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I am hesitant to make any final judgments about a series that I haven't finished yet, so I'll hold off on an in-depth discussion of Davitt's depiction of female characters. But briefly: the series has a number of wonderful female characters; Sigrun of course, but also Sophia, Minori, Fritti, Reginleif, Erida, Zaya, and so on. That being said, so far there has been an undercurrent of distrust for independent women, and a positioning of the women as slightly subordinate to their men (I was strongly reminded of Battlestar Galactica in this regard, and I think there are a lot of similarities), which may seem strange in such a story, but is definitely present. And I have to note that the only Russian woman is evil, evil, evil! However, the series also seems to be leading to
several of the female characters, including Sigrun, becoming deities and standing up against the Olympian gods, who, as the characters so rightly note, are horrible rapists and usurpers, so this could all be reversed in the final volume. In any case, this is a very worthy addition to the fantasy AND sci-fi genres, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys those genres.
The magnitude of Edda-Earth is displayed in this second book through the arrival of new characters, creatures and events spanning a long and realistic timeline, where causality and impact are reflected in every page. Battles are foreseen, fought and won; and lost, too. The hearts and minds of characters I have come to love in the first part of the trilogy are further explored and understood. Mysteries are solved and mysteries are discovered. The story again leads the reader into a fantastic immersion.
And in the end, you cannot help but be moved by every aspect of the story.
An even more engaging read, which gives much credit to the author's skill. I am now eagerly and impatiently awaiting the third book!
Besides the superb technical details, what most impressed me so far has been the author's ability to plan, to foreshadow without it becoming heavy-handed. You can tell that she has the outline of the story planned in her head, and this makes all the difference in the world-building.
Those of my friends and family who got copies of The Valkyrie are getting this as well (either on the strength of my recommendation, or when I buy if for them myself.)
I cannot wait for the next!
Difficult to gush suitably with our giving out spoilers.
My heart aches for the characters as they strive to lay hold on happiness where they can in an increasingly darker world.
Fascinating alternate history and technologies
Kind of a heart-rending reveal near the end before a frustrating (in a good way) cliffhanger.
Well developed characters and world, to say nothing of the interactions.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Greek & Roman
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternate History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Greek & Roman
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternative History