Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

God's Eye
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 30, 2017
I love the character development and fantastic storylines that interweave. If only I could live in this place with these problems... well maybe not all the problems.

Great story I look forward to having my daughter read (she's only 10 right now, so it will be a few years).
on January 19, 2012
Katharine's been having visitors in the night, leaving piles of ash, threatening messages on her mirror, and claw-like cut-marks on her skin. Marks which match the ones on the coworker she finds dead. Two charismatic men dance into her life and compete for her attention. What she doesn't know is that the charismatic men are supernatural beings in deadly combat against each other for possession of her soul. And whatever monster plagues her will not let her have peace until she chooses between them.

Apart from the five-star ending, this book felt like a fantastic idea with an undercooked execution. Nothing happens until after the first third, when things finally pick up into a suspenseful and intriguing thrill (or is it thrall?). I enjoyed the elements of fantasy, but Scudiere didn't make me fall in love with the male lead at all during the story, that didn't happen until the end. Even though he turns out to have the best personality I've ever encountered in fiction, Scudiere gives him nothing but physical attraction up to that point. The author should have made the choice between the two men more difficult for me, instead, each was merely a handsome facade with an underdeveloped personality.

Woven in the chilling suspense is also a story of self-discovery, of learning to do what's right even when it's not what everyone around you wants. I also enjoyed watching the development of friendship between Katharine and Margot, the librarian who helps her decode the messages on the mirror. Rarely do you see that kind of attention given to relationships other than romantic ones, and what Scudiere does with their friendship is something I'd like to see more of in all books. This story would have gotten three stars for having good suspense but a mostly superficial romance, but because the ending rocked my socks off I'll give it four.
on September 16, 2015
I became aware of this author during Dragon*Con a few years ago, when I met the author and picked up a post card describing this book, God's Eye. It looked interesting enough that I downloaded it right there in the convention hall. I really enjoyed this book and its examination of the consequences of the choices we make all wrapped up in a supernatural bow with angels and demons and all of that. If you enjoy a supernatural tale, you cannot go wrong with this well-written book.
on May 30, 2015
This book was a delight. If you can read the first scene and not find yourself gripped by the writing and the idea, I'd be surprised. By the time I read that much, I was sure I'd love the book, and I wasn't disappointed. The idea of demons and angels walking among us isn't new, but the treatment in this book is fresh and excellent.
on February 9, 2012
Loved the premise of the story; angels vs. demons competing for the soles of (wo)man, arguably worth five stars for the concept... however found myself skipping past superfluous passages just to get to the end. Not that the overall writing was so terrible, but found my interest slipping away at times.

Story needed more explanation on the underlying drivers behind why the two male characters were driven to do as they were doing, why they knew each other and left some lose ends, for me. Just lacked that something...
2 people found this helpful
on April 7, 2012
The author did a wonderful job of showing the main character's emotional and spiritual development. It was a very interesting premise. I thoroughly enjoyed thinking I knew the ending only to have the rug pulled out from under me. What a ride!
on August 6, 2014
A+A+A+ Thanks!!!
on September 23, 2012
I enjoyed listening to the audio version of this book while I read along with the ebook. It kept me guessing about the outcome and was a very original storyline. I have enjoyed all the books this author has written and am looking forward to the next Scudiere book "Phoenix".
on October 23, 2012
I met a.j. at DragonCon and I was curious. She can tell a very good story. Try this book you will probably like it.
on June 16, 2014
This is exactly the kind of story I love. Mystery, romance, mystic it had it all.
Worth the read. Looking forward to reading mor of AJ Scudiere.