Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 3, 2012
This is a well written, and as far as I can tell, a balanced account of some "normal" people who were willing to go the whole way with God. The author shows the troublesome side of life as well as the glorious one. While we may not all agree with one aspect or another of a believers life and doctrine, we can see, through the way God uses various ones, that He is bigger than our differences and able to overcome our mistakes, for the purpose of the eternal kingdom. It helps me to know that if I set my heart on following Jesus, he will always be all that I need. Sometimes much, much more. This book helps show how God will pour out all His resources that are necessary to accomplish his will, while always loving us as only a perfect daddy could. Every general starts as a private. The good ones never forget it's not about them, but the welfare of the kingdom they serve.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2015
Great book, easy to read and very useful in learning to walk in Gods ways.
on May 12, 2017
It is wonderful to learn about those before us. So glad the author had additional volumes so most were not left out.
on December 19, 2014
This book was so touching. I was amazed to look into these general's lives with a great historian's insight, Dr. Roberts Liardon
on September 19, 2016
Thrilling and inspiring is how I would describe these chapters on the great men and women of God who have shaped Christianity in America. Liardon give great respect to these forefathers of our faith while also not being afraid to include their struggles and flaws.
on July 7, 2015
The evangelical era was a glorious time in church history in the 50's and 60's. I wish it was possible to turn back the clock.
on May 23, 2017
Great history about the lives of some of God's Generals in the faith!
on November 8, 2017