Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

94%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on July 12, 2013
I highly recommend this book for it's amazingly relevant content! Believers need to start at the beginning. WHO is God? Who does He say that He is? What do His names tell us about the way we should relate to the world around us and to Him? This book attempts to answer these questions and more. A great resource for a Not-so-new believer who is familiar with the old testament stories. I created a youtube playlist with songs about the different names of God to be used during the study of this book, and beyond. My 5 1/2 year old was only mildly interested-she was able to participate in the activities, though. The songs really helped get her and my 3 year old involved in learning. My 8 year old was old enough to read the pages herself, and read her own scripture. She answered questions, and made insightful observations. I would say it would be good for 7 and up. Repeat the book every few years to glean more and more from it. I surely got alot out of it, myself.
on September 15, 2016
We are previewing books now to see what we want to be reading to our kids as they grow. Currently our oldest is only two so this book is not yet appropriate for him but we will definitely be reading to him when he is old enough! I found the book through the recommended reading on the Children Desiring God website.
on July 30, 2011
I bought this book for my church's Junior Church program and have been using it for about a month now. Each lesson presents a different name of God (Elohim, El Shaddai, I AM, etc.) and explains it in kid-friendly language. The chapters usually include a relevant Bible story or two that model that name or trait of God and provides object-lesson type activities to bring the points home. I have pretty much been able to teach right out of the book, hardly changing anything. My students from 6-12 have learned so much and are really enjoying hearing more about Who our God is! Whether used as a read-aloud or as a lesson plan, this book is an excellent addition for your library!
on July 1, 2013
This, and it's companion book "The Promises of God" by Sally Michael, is our all time favorite Bible study guide for children! It's a little above my children's level, but they have been able to understand it well with multiple readings. It is very foundational in helping your children understand who God is, by knowing His Names. It is not at all watered down, but grown-up theology written in a way and style that children can grasp it! AWESOME! Why do we think our children incapable of understanding things??? (sorry, soap box) :-) If you are interested in giving your children a firm foundation for their relationship with Christ, (beyond the basic Bible stories) these books are an awesome place to start!
on October 21, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about this book. I am reading this book with my 10yo, 7yo, 5yo and 3yo. They ALL love it. Obviously each of them are taking away and absorbing different things. But, the best thing is that they are all learning and memorizing the names of God and their meanings. I believe that years later they will still remember them and this will help them to understand and relate to God when they most need it.

I recommend it to all our friends and will be purchasing the author's other two books once we finish this book!
on February 13, 2016
This book is AMAZING! I love it! My son is 7 and he is learning a lot and I am learning right alongside him! I will be ordering all of these books in the series as we go along! Highly recommend!
on June 14, 2016
We haven't finished this book yet but we are SUPER excited with the first free chapters. I plan on getting all the books in he series. REALLY awesome examples that make it easy for kids to understand and even opened my eyes to a few insights I had never thought of in my long walk with God. This is definitely a book for the whole family to do together.
on March 29, 2017
Great book!
on May 18, 2017
A wonderfully written book that is simple enough for a six year old to understand, but deep enough for a tem year old to make applications to the heart. Has great activity & discussion suggestions included. Can be used at home or in a group context as well.
on June 23, 2016
I bought this to use as a teaching tool for my grandkids, ages 10 and 6. I am learning as much as they are. We are making posters with the names of God as we learn them. Simple clear lessons and activities, fun and relatable, draws and keeps their attention. Excellent!