Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on August 24, 2017
Easily one of my favorite albums. I like a lot of this stuff, but even my friends can enjoy the sword. No harsh vocals like a lot of metal today. The lyrics are killer and every song is like a story!
on April 30, 2016
As many great albums The Sword has come out with before and after this album, this is the best. I often find myself comparing the rest of their work to this album as a sort of standard. The guitar work is incredible and the vocals are just as good.
on November 2, 2016
Great album and band
on November 12, 2011
They jam like the old days! I love the guitar work! I bought all 3 albums now and let me tell you they all kick ass! This band is a headbangers welcome.I like the style they have and the fact they are not influenced by the mainstream recipe for rock. The Sword is a awesome band.
on October 22, 2013
I had never heard of the sword until they popped up on my Pandora, and I immediately liked them. Very glad to have bought this album, listened to it quite a bit. Not the kind of album you'd listen to over and over every day and never get bored of, so only 4 stars. But I really like it and I'd highly recommend any metal fans, and especially those who like old school sabbath style heavy metal, to pick it up.
on July 21, 2008
First off, The Sword is a fantastic band. J.D. Cronise has one of the best metal voices in music today - it's dark and foreboding, without senseless grumbling. You actually can hear what he sings. The rest of the band is fantastic as well. The guitar riffs are thick, heavy, groovy, and very Sabbath-influenced. The acoustic guitar pieces are also amazing. My only complaint is that the riffs on this album are missing some of the groove and catchiness of Age of Winters. The tracks seem a little slower, and less energetic. Still, if you want great, classic-style heavy metal, it's worth buying.
on October 7, 2016
This is an alright album by The Sword. It isn't anything spectacular or stunning, but it's still a good album worth listening to at least once. Check it out.
on March 2, 2015
I did not expect it to be this good. I bought this after Warp Riders which was excellent so I bought their previous release and was amazed. These guys are keeping true metal alive. If you like kick a-- metal without harsh vocals then I recommend this album.
on May 20, 2013
I've become a fan of late. Came across Warp Riders and really enjoyed it. Gave a copy to a friend who along with his 13 yr. old son liked it also. Prompted to get the earlier cds I found Age of Winters to be spotty but showed their potential where Gods of the Earth realizes it. It was an exponential jump. Their fourth cd Apocryphon is good but I think I'd rate Riders best and Gods second.
on August 3, 2008
Okay, The Sword first caught my attention, along with most people, in Guitar Hero 2. Yeah, I know... whatever. Anyway, Age of Winters was really good - it was kind of like what Black Sabbath would have sounded like in a slightly alternate universe (obviously before Dio). Their sophomore effort, Gods of the Earth, continues this, but the sound engineering was a bit disappointing. Guitars were less distinct - a fuzzier sound, and it was like they went out of the way to muffle the vocals. The songs are great, but the album gets four stars for poor sound quality.