- File Size: 2353 KB
- Print Length: 320 pages
- Publisher: Ragged Cover Publishing; 1 edition (November 23, 2011)
- Publication Date: November 23, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006CWH1XY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,025,083 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #3676 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- #4139 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > International Mystery & Crime
- #5208 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.49 (83%)
Goin... Goin... Sold (Trafficker series featuring Karen Marshall Book 4) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 320 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I give them four stars for that. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that I think Mr. Hoare could probably use the services of a professional editor. There are many awkward worded areas and others that beg for expansion. I think that some rewriting is in order.
The relationship between Karen and Sirec is one that I couldn't really fathom. They had almost no contact with each other but she was ready to go back to Lebanon with him? I know that women are not rational when it comes to men but that is pushing it a bit. I think their relationship needs to be expanded somewhat.
In the last volume the traffickers are willing to go after everyone's family but Karen's? Why not? Do they not know about her family? They have spies everywhere, how could they not know? Why doesn't Karen take steps to protect her family?
Unit T has special status but why are they wearing uniforms and marking their vehicles and aircraft with unique insignia? Why do they not use civilian vehicles and aircraft or at least ones with normal military markings in order to be inconspicuous.
And what happened to the SAS team that rescued her in the first book? Were they all killed? The last time we heard from one of them he had had his spinal cord cut by the doctors in Lebanon but he was still alive. What happened to him. There were also several SAS that were taken prisoner. What happened to them? Were they in the truck that Karen blew up just before her extraction? Didn't Sirec say that Khan had taken his own men to the extraction instead of the SAS? They just disappear from the face of the earth.
It's things like this that a good editor can point out to the author. Some dialogue is very wordy especially when background is needed. There are other ways of doing this that don't require characters making a soliloquy.
I think that combining the four short books into two longer ones would go a long way. Then there could be a background prologue in the second volume that would set it up instead of having characters giving long speeches in order to reintroduce background.
But I really did enjoy the books.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > International Mystery & Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > International Mystery & Crime