- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: AMACOM; Special ed. edition (November 1, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0814432557
- ISBN-13: 978-0814432556
- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 1 x 7.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 21 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,429,289 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Going Social: Excite Customers, Generate Buzz, and Energize Your Brand with the Power of Social Media Paperback – Special Edition, November 1, 2012
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"With humor and a friendly tone, Goldman walks his audience through getting buy-in for a program, the proper care and feeding of customers, balancing 'likes' vs. engagement and quantity vs. quality, avoiding common missteps, customer retention, building strong relationships with bloggers, working with online personalities, and bringing your efforts into the physical world....This funny, friendly book is an excellent primer for the social media-averse." – Publishers Weekly
“With Going Social any business leader or marketer can get an edge on choosing the right social channels, perfecting the right social strategy, and forging genuine, meaningful, and rewarding connections with customers.” - Retail Observer
"Going Social is a book that any social media marketing practitioner worth their salt should take a look at." --Young Upstarts
"Going Social is a book you have to own if social media marketing is part of your strategy." --Small Business Trends
"Get this book if you have anything to do with social media in your professional or personal life." --OfficePro
If you’re not social, it’s like you’re not even there. That’s how critical social media marketing has become. Businesses everywhere are struggling to adapt, but transitioning from traditional marketing to online engagement is fraught with questions, such as: How much is a Facebook “like” worth? How can you effectively engage online influencers? What are the best dashboards for monitoring multiple social channels simutaneously? How do you keep it all going around the clock?
For more than a decade, author Jeremy Goldman has helped companies inject “social” into their processes. In Going Social, he explains the ins-and-outs of platforms such as Facebook,Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Foursquare, Instagram, Pinterest, and others—and shows readers how to:
• Formulate a social strategy
• Pinpoint their audience and where they “live” online
• Give their brand a unique voice and personality
• Get good at listening
• Create relevant, engaging content
• Identify and reward influencers
• Build strong bonds with bloggers
• Become truly customer-centric
• Avoid pitfalls when possible—and respond to negative feedback when a misstep is made
• Cultivate brand spokespeople
• Use targeting to engage more effectively
• Turn employees into social marketers
• Engage with ROI in mind
The digital landscape offers unprecedented opportunities to breathe new life into brands, spread the word about products, and magnify loyalty. Featuring insights from entrepreneurs, social media directors, community managers, bloggers, and other experts, Going Social is an indispensable guide to connecting with customers in the brave new social frontier.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Jeremy's quirky and sometimes humorous writing style is easy, and more importantly, fun to read. I found myself folding down nearly 2-3 pages per chapter with tips to implement after finishing the book. I believe that I'll be referencing this book to all of my social media interns going forward, and it will become an essential part of our repertoire. Better yet, as trends change going forward, I know that Jeremy will be cognizant of keeping his readers informed via his own social media pages, @jeremarketer, & the book's website: goingsoci.al.
As a social media consultant, I've read books on social media before but what I loved about this one was the anecdotal evidence he provided as examples, as well as many guest posts from others in the industry experiencing the day-to-day aspect of SM management, something other books didn't do so well.
I also loved that when I had questions, Jeremy is more than willing to connect with his fans on Twitter to chat so it's not a solo experience.
Overall, highly recommend this book. If you're in social media management or marketing, definitely worth it.
After discussing the continuing rise of social media and the ways in which society has been transformed, the author goes on to discuss a number of practical considerations, including:
* Creating a social media strategy, including what your voice and personality will be like, and how you should develop engaging content
* The differences between one-way advertising and true customer-centric social engagement
* Managing your brand's reputation, including how to handle complaints, criticism and crises
* Identifying and working with key influencers, including celebrities and bloggers
* How to staff your social marketing team and involve employees in social marketing
Just as some people are more captivated by Facebook than others, some people are more enthusiastic about social marketing than others. I suspect that social media non-believers are unlikely to be converted by this book, and most of the names, companies and tools mentioned by the author will mean nothing to such readers. On the other hand, social media believers will find inside the book a wealth of helpful information, tools and tips.