Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Gold, Peace, and Prosperity Paperback – 2007
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Ron Paul has been the leading champion of sound money in the Congress. Here he explains why sound money means a new gold standard. The monograph is written in the clearest possible terms with the goal of explaining the basics of paper money and its effects of inflation, business cycles, and government growth. He maps out a plan to bring about a dollar that is as good as gold, one that would be protected against manipulation by government and central bankers. Part of that strategy is the minting of a new gold one but the more far-reaching plan involves a redefinition of the dollar and complete monetary competition. This monograph first appeared in 1981, and it has been in wide distribution ever since. Henry Hazlitt writes the introduction, and Murray Rothbard writes the preface. 57 pages, 6" x 9", paperback
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well, faster forward to 2008 and here we are. The Federal Reserve and the families that control it run virtually our ENTIRE WORLD.
There are Federal Banks in EVERY developed nation and together they can manipulate the ENTIRE world's economy. WHY ISN'T ANYONE DOING ANYTHING!? Are we all so COMFORTABLE with our lives that we will just BLINDLY let them STEAL our RIGHTS? (Patriot Act, 'Undisclosed' Evidence, Indefinite Political Prison Sentences)
And there is talk that the U.N. Police are going to be able to enforce GLOBAL LAWS INSIDE AMERICA!!! Can you imagine the chaos that's going to cause? U.N. Police breaking down doors of Americans for doing things that aren't illegal in American but are considered illegal by the U.N.
Ron Paul is the only Politician who will even ADDRESS these issues. He is the ONLY voice of the people.
Read this book if:
- You aren't quite sure what the gold standard is or why we should do it, or if you've never really thought about the issue.
- You're absolutely convinced that the idea is crazy.
- You don't understand what's wrong with inflation or the effect it's having on you.
- You're concerned with the direction of the economy.
- You already believe in the gold standard and want to learn how to defend it better.
- You're a voter. The gold standard may be a big issue in the 2008 election. Plus, Ron Paul himself is running for President; if you're not familiar with him, this book is a great way to find out more about a lot of his positions on economics (I'd also recommend his "Mises and Austrian Economics," which I'm reading now, for that). If you haven't decided who you're going to vote for yet or are unsure as to exactly what you think about the gold standard, you owe it to yourself to read this book. It will certainly help you be an informed voter for this, and future, elections.
For that matter, I recommend this book to just about everyone. This book really helped me understand the issues better. This book avoids using too much economic jargon or getting too technical. It doesn't get bogged down in trivial details. It is concise enough that you can read it fairly quickly, but it is still packed with information. Even if you don't have much training in economics or the word "economics" puts you to sleep (if you had a boring econ professor in college) or gives you a panic attack (if you took econ and hated it), I'd urge you to read this book.
Most recent customer reviews
With even neocons like Newt Gingrich now talking about gold, it is apparent that the...Read more