Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 9, 2009
I have worn the original Gold Toe Fluffies white socks for years. They are/were absolutely great. The substance of the substantial cotton ribbing was sufficient to keep them up without the rubber thingy at the top squeezing off the blood & lymphatic tissue in the legs. They also lasted a very long time. I bought enough so that I could wear them every day & have a 3 weeks supply on hand. A few pair would wear out, and I would replace them. I am very rough on socks.

I read some bad reviews for the current version that were made with polyester. When I found I could still get the Fluffies in cotton, I bought a bunch. BIG MISTAKE. I think it is a crime what they have done to the best pair of casual socks on the market. The socks are fluffy alright. But, it is a completely different sock. There is probably half as much total cotton in the new model. It seems that I can feel the individual threads when I walk sock foot across a hardwood floor. Plus the tight rubber thingy at the top cuts off the circulation in my legs. Whoops, sorry. I'm not a vascular surgeon. Perhaps I should just say that it pinches my leg, and my leg swells above the top of my socks.

If you are used to the ones Gold Toe used to make, look elsewhere for something similar. This ain't it.
33 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2016
I've worn Gold Toe Fluffies for decades, but the last few purchases have been extremely disappointing. It seems that every purchase is a completely different sock. I've stuck with this company much longer than I should have just because they were such a great sock once upon a time. But it's clear that those days are gone.

They really have nerve continuing to call these socks "Fluffies." How about "Flatties?" There is nothing "fluffy" about these socks. They are rough to the touch and have very little in the way of cushioning. With each step, you can feel the individual fibers. After wearing these with work boots for a day, my toes were rubbed raw in several places. After one wearing, the soles had thinned to the point where you could see light through them.
on June 16, 2014
I have read reviews (both negative and positive). Decided to purchase the socks anyway to compare as I have also worn these Gold Toe Fluffies since the 1980's:

1. These socks are different than my previous purchase. I note that one reviewer indicated the socks made a lot of lint that would remain on the bottom of his feet after removing the socks. In past purchases i had the same problem. I would track sock fuzz all over the place, even after repeated wearings. But not with this recent purchase...no fuzz...thankfully.

2. While i don't know the construct of the other reviewers who said the sock cuts off circulation to their legs, or does not stay up / in place. i have had neither of these problems and never have, with Gold Toe socks. I wear a size 13 shoe so I'm not a small guy. If I were an overweight person, there probably would be some credo to the circulation comment but at just over 200 pounds, I do not have any tight fit issues on my legs.

3. I do note that the current Fluffies are not of the same construct, however one reviewer indicated that he can 'see through the sock'. I cannot and once again i'm not a small guy...see comment above. These socks do appear to be constructed/designed a bit more toward a dress sock look rather than a casual sock look. Comfortable in my casual shoes/boots and look darn good with my dress shoes.

The socks i purchased through Amazon (slightly less than dept stores in price and free delivery) I am very pleased with. I don't have the same problems as others who have reviewed. And I *definitely* do not miss all that sock fuzz I used to have.

For me, this purchase is two thumbs up...slightly different sock, with some improvements.
on September 30, 2017
These socks are NOTHING like the cotton fluffies I have ordered from Amazon in the past. They were very thin,more like dress socks than the thick, nicely padded comfortable ones I’ve one to like. They were packaged differently than before, in a plastic zip-lock bag. There were no labels, except for one on the outside of the bag, saying cotton fluffies, and some apparently Chinese characters. These socks were not acceptable to me, so I immediately returned them to Amazon. I applaud Amazon’s return policy, and I’ve already received credit for them. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THESE SOCKS to anyone who likes the cotton fluffies as they were before. I’m going to Dillard’s, and for about a dollar a pair more, I can get the REAL cotton fluffies.
I like these socks. They're comfortable, breathe well (don't get too hot), do not fit too loosely and have a good price. I'm taking off one star because of the seam at the toe is rather prominent. Enough so that if you like tight-fitting shoes, it could be an issue, as you would undoubtedly feel it rubbing against your toes. With the type of shoes I wear, it hasn't been a problem. As other reviewers have noted, these socks aren't all that 'fluffy'. They're soft, but if you're expecting bedroom slipper-soft, you're in for a disappointment. And longevity is a question mark, since mine are still new. Can't give a rating on 'wear and tear', but will update my review if needed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2016
Worst socks I've ever bought: heavy, hot, rough, not soft at all
Fit quality awful: not sure what mutant foot the toe area was designed for but certainly not human
Just another example of cheap, imported junk, the quality of which gets worse every year
on October 4, 2017
Poor quality. Socks lacked "elastic" or spandex-type material in the foot and leg. As soon as I put them on, they began to sag on my leg and started to bunch up in the shoe. Seemed like socks from yesteryear. Unwearable for me, anyway. Don't know how they got all the good reviews. I returned them for a refund. I guess socks are something you have to buy in person.
on August 8, 2017
For those of you who want/need a sock that doesn't bind at the top, cutting off the circulation, these are winners! I have fibromyalgia and need the stretchiness at the top. But they are also great socks., Have plenty of thickness and wear well. So as a woman, I buy these because they are far superior than the best socks for women.
on September 26, 2017
I don't know how these socks fit because my husband refused to open the package after seeing the texture.
These are heavy cotton socks. Not at all like the soft Gold Toe Fluffies sold in department stores. The trouble with buying the soft Gold Toe Fluffies in a department store is that they do not carry the XL size.
on April 1, 2011
These socks are extremely uncomfortable. They're not at all soft. Furthermore, they began falling apart after the first wash. The Docker's socks I ordered (Dockers Men's 3-Pack Sport Crew Socks, on the other hand, are extremely comfortable and seem very durable. Do not buy these socks.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.