Lyft BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on June 16, 2015
I now have a good inventory of soft cotton rags each with at least one hole. Cut where the ankle meets the foot. Use the foot. Haven't figured out a good use for the elastic ankle part. Wait a second. Now that I think of it, a beer can holder. You'll have to put your team's logo on it yourself. Impress your fellow fans with your thrifty, resourcefulness!
review image
33 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2012
I'm updating this review after doing some research, and here's what I found out:

Gold Toe has changed manufacturers ("Made in Mexico"), and their socks TOTALLY SUCK now. They are no better than the 6-packs of cheap socks at Wal-Mart.

Background story: I bought a few pairs of these Gold Toe socks from a Dillard's a couple of years back, and I LOVED them. We're talking five star quality. They were different from the usual crap socks from Wal-Mart/Target/Kohl's. These socks were 1) soft, 2) fit right, and 3) were durable. And these socks LAST. I thought I was a Gold Toe convert for LIFE.

Several months later, however, I saw some Gold Toe socks for sale at Kohl's and bought them. Same packaging, same name, etc. They didn't seem quite the same, but I didn't think anything of it at the time.

After wearing them for a few months, however, I noticed a big difference. The newer Gold Toe socks from Kohl's were wearing out much faster than the older, original pairs. They were getting holes on the side of the ankles, wearing out fast in the heels, etc.

As of today, I've now thrown out all but two of the 12 newer Gold Toe socks, and I have my original pairs of the "old" Gold Toe socks. My original Gold Toe socks from Dillard's are still going strong and feel great (though dingier from the long time I've had them).

I was thinking that maybe I got some socks that were made different for non-retail stores (Wal-Mart's been known to do that - get manufacturers to cut quality to meet Wal-Mart's pricing demands), so I went back to the Dillard's that I bought the originals from tonight to see if the Gold Toes there were like the ones I bought at Kohl's.

I checked them, and they also felt like average, cheapo socks - like the ones that had worn out on me.

I asked the worker at Dillard's about it, who called and asked the store manager about it, and they told me what had happened - about the manufacturing move to Mexico. He also knew that they sucked now, since they started making down south.

Bottom line: I wouldn't buy Gold Toe anywhere anymore. Why pay more for cheapo socks, wrapped in Gold Toe branding? It's a sad day for those of us who know what they WERE like before Gold Toe sold out.

Why, Gold Toe? WHY?

Unless you go back to your old quality standards, I'll never buy them again.
3636 comments| 594 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2017
I would love to find the Grey Logo Champion socks but looks like they have been fazed out. I on my 12 or so wash with these socks and they are doing well so far, I would expect no less no less of course but they do appear to be a quality sock. I bought another 2 packs after using the first pack a month and would buy again.

They are a cushioned sock, I do like that. The only thing I don't really like it they feel a little slick, but that is the nature of the synthetic fibers.
on September 11, 2017
I've always worn calf-length sox, but my girlfriend thought they didn't look good - and pointed out that I didn't really need that part of my leg covered. So I tried these. Very comfortable and absorbent. And they take up a lot less space when I pack: I have big feet so cutting off 1/3 of the sock really saves quite a lot.
on December 16, 2011
I have been purchasing Gold Toe athletic socks for years. Up until recently, the socks were made in the United States and the quality has been outstanding. I realized something was wrong when I purchased Gold Toe Men's Cotton Quarter Athletic Sock, 6-Pack and one of the socks had a small hole in it right out of the package, another developed a hole in less than one month; and upon further investigation discovered, in the tiniest of print, the socks were now made in Mexico.

In a side by side comparison, it becomes completely evident Gold Toe athletic socks now made in Mexico are not the same high quality nor are they as well made as Gold Toe socks previously made in the United States.
0Comment| 220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2016
I have been buying these socks for years and have noticed that the quality of these socks has been gradually deteriorating as compared to what the quality used to be. I wear them around the house and have noticed that they wear incredibly fast and within a very short amount of time have holes either at the sole or under the ball of the foot. I have also noticed that the width of the sock (which they say is 4.5" wide) has gotten narrower than they used to be which makes the sock fit slightly tighter. I did a little research on the internet and have found other people that have noticed the same deteriorating quality. It's unfortunate that this has happened as they really used to have, what I considered to be one of the best socks.
on June 8, 2017
After reading all the reviews, we USED to be able to purchase Gold-Toe made in USA, which were the best. I would buy the size larger, as they do shrink a bit in the dryer. Nobody wants to wear tight socks...Good for being imported., glad we bought the larger size, hubby has wide feet size 12 anyway.
on June 1, 2017
Excellent ankle socks that hold up better than most brands. I need ankle socks that go up beyond the shoe line otherwise the shoe rubs my ankle and a blister occurs. These do the trick. Too many ankle socks are now below the shoe line and thus do not offer the protection.
on March 1, 2017
I absolutely love these socks and I am tied of running to the store to find them so expensive, and Amazon had them cheaper, so here I am. Feel great and hold up strong. Thanks!!
on December 18, 2015
These gold toe socks used to be the gold standard. No longer, apparently! I bought this 6-pack to replace some socks that finally wore through. My old gold toe socks were nice and thick and fit great. These are much thinner, and slightly smaller/tighter. I also see loose threads sticking out of my socks. Very disappointing to get what feels like a bootleg knockoff of a real gold toe sock. I will NOT be purchasing this again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.