Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gold Toe Men's Three-Pack Casual Crew Socks
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on October 16, 2014
I wear shoes sized from 11.5 in a cowboy boot to 13 in some casuals styles. My running shoes are 12 4E. I buy these Gold Toe socks in the 13-15 range and find them very comfortable. The next size down are less comfortable for me.

One of the reviews I've read for this product indicates these aren't large enough for men with big calves. I have large calves and don't find these to be restrictive. I have dress socks that leave indentations on my leg by the end of the day but that hasn't been my experience with these Gold Toe Crew Socks.

In the most helpful negative review showing as of his writing, the reviewer complains first that the socks come up too high, but then goes on to describe how the socks shrank (see comment) and that the socks are now just basically crew socks. I guess I'm lost - aren't these supposed to be crew socks? Maybe he meant to write ankle socks? I don't know, but I'm left wondering why that review was helpful to others because it just left me confused.

Another reviewer commented on how these socks keep his feet warm. I guess that depends on your climate and the time of the year. I live in Chicago and we have cold winters and these socks aren't what I consider warm. They're not warm enough to wear around the house in the winter as the only thing covering my feet but they're fine with shoes. As a matter of fact, I have these on as I am writing this review (socks only, no shoes). It's about 50°F (equal to 10°C) outside and my feet are a bit cold.

My only dislike of these socks is that they don't have much padding on the heel. Some other cotton crews I have tried have thicker cotton on the soles. It's not an issue of comfort or warmth, but one of durability. I think these would last longer if they would beef up the material in the heel of the sock. That's always the first part of this sock to go and once the heel blows out on a sock it's finished.

Overall I think these are good socks. I appreciate that they come in larger sizes and I don't think this price is out of line for a larger size 3-pack of crews.
on December 14, 2012
This photo shows the sock going to top side of calf, below the knee. In reality the sock can be pulled and yanked about half way up the calf. Then it slides right back down again. The sock is OK. Certainly not worth the 13.50 though.

Later: I've washed the socks several times now. They shrink. A lot. Now they don't even pull past the top of my ankle. Basically, I've got very expensive crew socks.
on December 3, 2013
I bought these for my husband, remembering how Gold Toe was the only brand in my father's sock drawer. Both of these men have big feet and big calves. I read complaints about the quality of Gold Toe after they sent production off-shore. I should have taken heed of the warnings. These socks shrank so much that they are too tight for me. Very disappointed.
on December 28, 2012
These socks are not nearly the quality I would expect from Gold Toe. Very disappointed in this product and will not buy them again.
on January 18, 2016
Okay, so I read all the reviews and just got 3 pair so I could judge for myself.
1. They are not as thick as they used to make them
2. They are very comfortable
3. No painful seam over the toes
4. Good length onto calves for me
5. Top has good stretch - may be tight on some people - my calves or small and I think they will leave a sock line even on me, but won't fall down.
6. Soles are not as cushioned as previously, but the sock is cushioned or somewhat thick - satisfactory.
6. Happy with purchase and would buy these again.
on March 28, 2015
Since I have retired and no longer need the dress socks (usually those fluffy/fuzzy ones), but still want the Gold Toe quality and durability, I ordered these to use just as casual go-with-my-jeans-and khakis navy socks. For some reason, it is nearly impossible to find navy colored decent socks that don't run or cause rashes, or any casual navy socks at all for that matter. These socks are not like that at all, but are comfortable, fit snugly (don't sag), don't bleed color, have not caused any rashes, and are so comfortable that I don't even notice that I am wearing them. They may not be the really cheap ones, but are NOT that expensive, are a nice navy blue color, and will certainly outlast those cheap ones (the ones you can't seem to find anywhere anymore...). I was so pleased with my first order that I ordered more. Also, it's nice to have some navy ones again that don't creep and crawl down your feet like most nylon socks, which were the only ones I was able to find up until now that were navy blue.
on July 7, 2012
My husband is on his feet all day at work, and thin dress-socks just don't offer enough cushioning. These are amazing. He's noticed a huge difference, and loves them. He has size 13 1/2 feet, and 'normal' size socks just wear out so fast...from not fitting properly. These are awesome, if a tiny bit big...for the extra sizing for those with larger feet. These go in the dryer easily and hold their shape wash after wash. Will definitely buy more!
on June 4, 2016
Great quality, and the foot fits great but the elastic at the top of the cuff is too small/tight, which makes these uncomfortable to wear for long periods. Which is a shame as I like the weight and fit of the foot portion better than other socks but I could find no way to alleviate the elastic fit at the top of the cuff.
on May 29, 2016
Fit well. However, they are advertised with a reinforced toe and heel. It's hard to tell about the toe but the heel is not reinforced. I thought these would be a little heavier and reinforced but are no better than the socks that sell in a 6 pack. Don't waste your money.
on June 3, 2016
I originally bought these socks for my husband and I took them.. I then bought another set of long socks and even the short socks, I LOVE THEM.. thank you!! I honestly donated all the rest of my new/used socks just yesterday.. I love these socks, been looking for this type of sock/feel for quite some time.. thank you!!!