Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 343 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 362 reviews
on August 25, 2016
I ordered Gold Toe Uptown Crew socks twice from Amazon this week. One order was fulfilled by "Fudgy's Clothing" and the other by "Sterling Attire". Both orders have been returned for a refund because the height of the socks were over the calf. I expected regular "crew" length (to the calf, not over the calf) as pictured on the website. See my attached photo. The sock on my right foot is the new (and returned to Amazon) Gold Toe Crew; the sock on my left foot is the old Gold Toe Crew that I used to buy from Costco (but they no longer carry). I am disappointed that the height of the sock does not match the website description. "Crew sock" by definition is a "short bulky usually ribbed sock". "Short" these are not.

Also, the material itself is somewhat see through - almost looks like a mesh fabric. Bring back the old Gold Toe Crew socks.
review image
on March 2, 2013
These socks are significantly different from the previous Gold toe Uptown Crew socks that I have purchased from Amazon, as recently as November, 2012. The changes are so great that I believe Gold Toe should have changed the name to indicate that it is a new sock on the market. The cushioning is much less and the composition has a much more synthetic feel. They are still a good sock, but I am not as happy with these new socks as I was with the old ones. I wish I had bought a life-time supply before, when I had a chance. Who Knew?
on April 15, 2016
When purchasing socks in 4/2016, I was looking for the ultimate, cushy, mainly cotton, black socks. The description and reviews on many brands was confusing... so I purchased the four different brands below. Here is my review and comparison:
1. WINNER - Gold Toe Uptown Crew - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00372SV7W
These socks are the clear winner. It appears they were made in the USA, but did not specifically state so. These were the heaviest, cushiest, warmest of the group. I bought more and highly recommend them.
2. GAVILA FANCY BOX - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01943KB5C
These were very similar to the #1 above... exactly the same size but a little less weight. They were made in China and came in a black fancy box that would be nice for Christmas. If you want a sock that is not as thick and warm as #1, then you may be very happy with this brand.
3. FRUIT OF THE LOOM - OVERPRICED POOR 3RD - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BTUQ210
Less weight, smaller size and more stretchy... feels cheap by comparison. You are much better off buying #1 or #2.
4. HANES ULTIMATE (not) X-Temp - TOTAL BUST- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBD2GYY
There is nothing "ultimate" about this sock... tiny, stretchy, flimsy, cheap... this lightweight sock would only be loved by a bean counter at Hanes. Don't believe a bit of the product description on this over-hyped sock.
on March 26, 2017
I originally wanted to find a Costco replacement and ordered every type of Gold Toe looking for that. This is much better than the Gold Toe they sold at Costco.

What I need to stress to you is the socks shrink substantially after the first wash. They'll fit the same around your foot before and after wash but it wont go so far up the calf and it'll look a lot smaller after. So everyone who is reviewing the socks before having washed them is providing a completely different experience.

Also, the bottom of the sock is thicker than the top portion which provides extra cushion under without making the sock feel hot all around. If you enjoyed the Costco version than this is roughly 5 times better because the under portion of the foot is so much well padded.

At first I didnt think I liked them until I washed them and they quickly became my favorite Gold Toe sock ever.
on November 16, 2016
These are excellent socks. I am a 6'0", 175 lb, fit male and they fit me perfectly. Having seen comments about recent design changes in socks, I was looking for everyday socks that stayed comfortable all day and looked good with slacks. I wanted cotton-blend socks that felt good, came in different colors, had medium thickness (halfway between thin dress socks and thick outdoorsy socks like Smart Wool) and had a high-enough elastic content to keep them from drooping. I chose these Gold Toes after a lot of research. They are an excellent middle ground. The tops are taller than conventional department store men's casual socks--these come up just over the widest part of my calf, and they DO NOT DROOP even during active use. I think that's due to the 3% elastic content. They are cushy in feel and comfort but physically thinner than Smart Wool and its imitators. They fit inside casual shoes without my feet feeling confined. I like the feel, the look, the shape, size--and they STAY UP. I am pleased with these socks and will buy more sets in different color combinations. Gold Toe avoided the pitfalls and earned 5 stars for these.
on October 27, 2014
I purchased a dozen pairs of these socks, in spite of a few very bad reviews, because the price was considerably less than I would have had to pay in local stores for socks of unknown quality. My main concern was whether or not they would fit properly. My shoe size calls for a 9 1/2 sock, so I bought the 10 - 13. They are elastic enough to fit perfectly, and grip my legs so they don't work down during the day. They are very comfortable. I recommend them without reservation
on April 21, 2017
Gold toe doe this amazingly annoying, intentional {I think} thing, where the socks are NEVER the same when you order them twice. Even the same "line" {uptown crew}, they vary the color, height, rib size, and hem size. In this era there's no way that's organic. I think they do it to keep you from being able to match new and old socks.

At least that's my conspiracy theory.

Anyway, I've been putting up with this since I was small because I wasn't sure it was going on before, or whether I was buying slightly different lines {models?} without meaning to. Now I'm sure, and I'm pretty cross about it.
on December 29, 2016
I bought these after my husband complained about how thin mens dress socks were and how they felt sweaty and got stinkier that athletic socks!

I looked around and found these. They are perfect! Gold Toe quality ensures these socks last for years and he loved the thickness and cushioning these socks provided. I bought these along with some Dr. Scholl's and another brand so he could figure out what he likes best. Hands down these one! The first set I bought him was almost 2 years ago and they are still looking great with the elastic holding up beautifully!

They are so great that I recently threw away all of his colored socks and just bought another set of these. It has made laundry day so much easier. No more trying to match socks that have a similar, but not identical patters to their mates. All the socks are the same brand, model, and colors!

[...]! Thanks!!
on June 13, 2017
Well, they are soft and they look good, but the fit is too narrow. I bought these for my husband, but lo and behold, they are way too tight for his calves. He gave them to me to try, and they are just tolerable for me, a woman! If you have narrow calves, then they'll fit, but I don't know many men with narrow calves.
on November 16, 2015
Husband refuses to wear those thin, nylon-like dress socks - I don't blame him. That stuff makes my skin crawl. I had to find mostly cotton socks that worked with a suit, so these are my go-to socks for him. They're very comfortable, high cotton content, and are the most passable for dress socks that I've seen.

Pros:
+83% actual cotton means they feel comfortable. They really do feel like normal white crew socks, but look dressier. Overall, they feel well-made, soft and plush.
+Just the right amount of stretch from spandex so they stay on the feet without being too tight.
+The minimized ribbing on the ankle part of the sock means they look less like crew socks and could almost pass for dress socks to the casual observer.
+Solid rich black color that hasn't faded much at all in normal wash and machine drying.
+Minimal shrinking with machine wash and dry.
+Price is pretty decent for well-constructed socks.

Cons:
-Would love just a bit thicker fabric on the bottom of the heel to reduce the incidence of wearing holes into them. Though, wearing them to work out after changing out of his suit doesn't help... (yes, he works out in black socks... even with shorts sometimes... haha)

Overall, these are our favorite faux dress socks!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.