Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 479 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 516 reviews
on April 22, 2015
I am. Have been tired of wasting my money on department store crap shoots on dress socks. Most of the socks that I buy start falling down around my ankles after wearing them a few times. So did some research. Bought the Gold Toe OTC Windsors, the OTC Canterbury, and the OTC Metropolitan. Wore each for a day and took notes. All of them stayed up all day long. My favorites are the Windsor socks that were the most comfortable, and the high wool content provided good moisture wicking. My second favorite were the Canterbury socks. They were fairly comfortable, but being mostly cotton had poor moisture wicking. My least favorite were the Metropolitan. They were all synthetic material, were somewhat sheer, and just felt very tight all day. Looked forward to taking them off after work. Overall, two thumbs up for the Windsors!
on November 29, 2016
These socks actually are a little taller than over-the-calf. There is enough material in the upper part to almost make it over my knees, but it just make the socks a little comfortable. There is no worry about drooping around my ankles. They come out of the wash with no shrinking or sagging just like they came out of the original package.
on January 30, 2017
Like other reviewers, after 25 years of buying "normal" dress socks I finally got smart and went with these knee-highs. I went with the Metropolitan in both black and navy, and could not be happier. Socks have the appearance that they will go up over your knee, but when you go to put them on they fit perfectly up to the top of the calf, and stay up all day, providing nice mild compression, but very comfortable. A very nice feature of this gold-toe brand is that they mark the navy socks with a gray band across the sock near the toe, so that they are easily differentiated from black - brilliant. 5 stars.
on August 1, 2016
I love these socks! I prefer wearing nylon dress socks. The socks retain their shape and stay up all day. The navy bit better than the brown (the brown seem a little bit larger than the navy). The 1 drawback about the navy- when looking at them only, it's hard to tell that they have blue at all.
on June 13, 2017
I am a person with large calves, hence I usually purchase OTC socks so that they do not slip throughout the day. When the socks arrived, they felt a bit thin compared to my other OTC socks and noticed a few threads were coming out but accepted them nevertheless. I will hand wash my OTC socks, as I owned a few OTC socks before which require more delicate care. However, the gold toe socks did not survive one round of wear after hand washing once. There were visible splits on the gold toes, which will manifest soon into holes if i continue to wear them. As a user of OTC socks, I am also careful not to have untrimmed toe nails which will damage the socks. Was very disappointed with the product, as I could not attribute the wear and tear in just one wear other than the quality being sub-par.
on June 10, 2017
I've been wearing Gold Toe Metropolitan over-the-calf socks for over thirty years. In my mind they are the best dress sock on the market. And when they get too old and worn looking for the office, I use them for hiking and skiing. The slight compression provided by the sock keeps my feet feeling fresh all day. I really notice the difference.
on October 26, 2016
Exactly what I was looking for. They're not the most comfortable (although you get used to them), but they fix the problem of falling-down socks. These socks do NOT fall down. They also fit my 8.5 foot, totally cover my calfs, and seem to be high quality. I highly recommend that you give these a try. Just ordered my second package in Navy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2016
The main purpose in purchasing these socks was to have them to keep from sliding down. And, they do very well here. The down side for me is socks are a tad big and a little thinner than what I expected. The material on the bottom tends to make my feet slide a little in my shoes.
on October 11, 2013
These are extremely hard to find socks, which have been my favorites for over 20 years. I've always thrown them away when my toe went through the end, but that took years and they fit and worked great up until the end. These that I have bought within the last year have been a great disappointment. Right out of the package, one of the socks is great and the other doesn't have any elastic or something. It's obvious. You know it before you're finished putting them on, and the bad one is around your ankles before you get out the door. I spend all day pulling one of them up, and sometimes the other one in the pair isn't great either. Out of every three-pair pack I have bought lately (six socks in all), I have thrown away anywhere from two to four socks. They are stretched out after one day (actually as soon as you put them on), they don't snap back, and there is no support at all. I expect them to hug my calves, and that doesn't happen. In the last 20 years I don't remember throwing away a single sock before it was completely worn out. I hope this gets fixed because I would like to have another 20 years of the socks I love.
on July 16, 2016
I bought a few sets of these back in 2012 and I love them, very soft and comfortable; however, I don't wear these too often as I am not that formal for daily work. I just picked up a set in 2016 directly from Amazon. These socks, although the same name/style are totally different from what they used to be. Not soft at all, rough, feels like all synthetic, doesn't stretch as much as it should. I'm a big guy but the old ones have no problem getting all the way up over my calf. The ones ones were had to get up, stretched out all the way, a bit tight. They did stay up all night, but again they were a bit.tight.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse