Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 51-60 of 382 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 11, 2012
I have been wearing Gold Toe Windsor Wool Over-the-Calf sox for 20 years or more. So believe me when i say, this latest version is NOT up to par. And to be sure we are talking about the right product (because the descriptions vary a little), the ones I am commenting on are labelled "ADC" (and I have no idea what that means) and are 54% wool and 45% nylon. First off, these are MUCH tighter than previous sox. I can hardly get them over my foot. I have never had that problem before. I am a skinny guy, so i can't imagine what it would be like for a heavier or more athletic person.
Second, these cause my skin to itch like mad. Could be a coincidence, but i suspect it is because these are the first sox (so far as I know) that have a "Antimicrobial" treatment. If that is the cause, I want the old ones back!
So if you try these and they fit you and you have no problems with itching, good for you, maybe it is just me. Otherwsie they are great sox, which is why i have been buying them for so long. But i think the product has changed and not for the better.
on July 3, 2014
First of all I should point out that there seems to be a lot of misinformed people writing the one-star reviews. Wool is a great material, especially for socks. It's not like cotton, in that it wicks away moisture and therefore doesn't smell terrible at the end of the day. This means you don't have to wash it. And if you do you definitely shouldn't put it in the dryer. At the end of the day you're suppose to let the socks air out for a good 24 hours before you wear them again. You should rarely have to wash wool socks.

The same goes for these socks. At the end of the day I slip my shoes off and my feet and socks are completely dry and don't smell at all. It's awesome! You can feel how airy these socks are when you wear them. These socks made me realize what a shame it is that you can never find wool socks in stores.

I have to say though, I am disappointed in the quality. I bought two packs of these socks in hopes that I wouldn't have to worry about buying socks for a while. After two, maybe three, wears I noticed a hole forming on the heel of one of the socks. I'm hoping this is just a defect, but if I do have to buy new socks again I at least know that wool is the only material to look for when buying socks.
on April 25, 2009
Help for the one negative reviewer.......

You must wash and dry your socks separate from other laundry. The fuzz and pills are debris from other fabrics. I learned 25 years ago.

Meantime, I 'saved' and restored fuzzy socks by gently shaving them with a 'used' razor. No harm done to the socks.

Try it... you will be happy.
on April 15, 2015
After a lifetime of playing soccer and long distance bicycle riding, I have huge calves. Wanting merino wool socks for comfort, I purchased several pair of Smartwool dress socks and soon realized that they were useless for me unless I wore garters. After the garter tabs started cutting my legs, I did some research and decided to give these a try. They are, hands down, the best dress socks I've ever owned. They stay up all day, and their high wool content keeps my feet comfortable and dry, year-round. They were half the cost of the Smartwool ones and they will definitely outlast that brand. You can buy these with great confidence.
on February 15, 2014
I have hyperhidrosis on my hands and feet with my feet sweating the most. Since they are in shoes all day, this has led to some bad skin problems. I have been looking for ways to help control how wet my feet are, I use an iontophoresis machine and antiperspirant on my feet but even still, my feet sweat and my shoes end up stinking. I decided to try wool socks since wool is supposed to help keep you cool and help with odor. I just received these socks and have only worn them once but my feet felt much drier in them compared to all cotton, synthetic, or cotton blend socks. The main thing I noticed when I got home was that my feet weren't water logged looking. I did not wash them before wearing so hopefully they retain the moisture wicking after washing. They weren't that itchy except around the top, it wasn't unbearable but was noticeable. The socks are also rather long compared to other over the calf socks I have but they stay up well. They didn't slide down at all but possibly over time they will get stretched out and slide as they didn't seem to have much elastic in them. So far though, they seem like great socks.
on December 2, 2012
I've owned a number of different kinds of over-the-calf socks, but most of them are not long enough, or the elastic starts to go and they don't stay up. But I've had these nine months now, and I never need to pull them up, and they haven't acquired holes either. I only wish they came in more colours.
on January 5, 2013
these are very, very long socks. I am almost 6 foot tall and they still came up to my knee. They are partly wool and feel good if you like that kind of texture. The top is so tight I have to work them on and off. but it think they are a very good quality and am glad i got them.
on May 3, 2015
I purchased multiple packets of these so that I all I have to do is grab any two socks while I'm getting dressed in the morning. Any time I can save in my morning routine is great. On an obvious note, because they are black, they will match almost any pair of dress pants and dress shoes. During the winter, you can pull them all the way up to keep your lower leg warm, which is key since most wool coats don't go past the knees. These socks are also good in the summer. I would purchase this again.
on January 22, 2008
These are decent, comfortable socks. However, they are on the thin side. I have not had a chance to wear them in extremely cold weather (<20 F), but so far, they have served me fine.
on June 4, 2015
Fine product and I ordered the size designated for my shoe size. However, I have a narrow foot and that made the hose too long. I unsuccessfully tried to shrink one pair in hot water and then a hot dryer. Returned the other pairs for credit & ordered a single standard size to see if that will work. Although the credit has not been received or the standard size the interaction in arranging for the return could not be more positive! Hence, 5 stars

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.