4-Year Musical Instruments Accidental Protection ($1000-1250)from Warrantech
- Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begin day 1. Parts and labor coverage for mechanical and electrical failures begins after your product's warranty expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions sent via email within hours of completing your purchase, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" If you do not receive.
- Provides nationwide repair support as per the Terms and Conditions. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, cancel at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
Gold Tone IT-250 Irish Tenor Banjo (Vintage Brown)
|Price:||$1,199.78 & FREE Shipping|
- Excellent tone and volume is a result of a quality White Ladye tone ring, thin maple rim
- Maple neck and quality components.
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Gold Tone BG-150F Banjo
Gold Tone CC-100R/P Banjo
Gold Tone EB-5 Electric Banjo
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||OJCommerce||Sam Ash||Sam Ash||GearTree|
|Item Dimensions||32.5 x 2.75 x 12 in||38.75 x 14 x 4 in||38.5 x 14 x 3 in||2 x 13 x 38 in|
The Irish Tenor 250 (IT-250) is a short scale tenor designed for playing in the common keys of traditional music. This is an excellent addition to any tenor player's arsenal of instruments. Irish Tenor players have often revered the White Ladye pot for a plunky tone and lasting sustain. This 17 fret model, tuned to GDAE (octave lower than a mandolin) has the power and volume needed for Celtic banjo leads and enough mids to cut through the mix. Excellent tone and volume is a result of a quality White Ladye tone ring, thin maple rim, maple neck and quality components. MOP headstock inlay, hearts and flower position markers, two way adjustable truss rod, and chrome plated hardware are standard equipment. With final assembly and a complete setup at the Gold Tone Factory in Florida, this model delivers exactly what the Irish tenor banjo player is looking for!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Playability is also top-notch. I was very surprised to discover that this was almost in tune right out of the box. I think I had to tune the G, and that was it. I’ve just had this instrument a few days, and the only thing I can see that I want to change is to lower the action a bit, but that’s normal as most factory setups tend to be high, and leave some room for the buyer to fine-tune it to their likes. The bridge is totally playable, but not of high quality, so I'll be replacing that with a much better brand as soon as possible.
I play Irish music almost exclusively on my tenors, along with some Old Time tunes, so I like a nice low and quick action. But this is completely playable right out of the box, and has excellent tone. You really shouldn’t have to do anything but tune this up when you get it. I’ll probably go to a more expensive bridge in a bit, and add a pickup, but those are personal likes.
If you’ve been playing 19-fret tenors, and this is your first 17-fret, you’ll be in for a treat, as the scale is a tad shorter and feels much faster and easy to move around on. I also play a Trinity College octave mandolin, and this scale feels almost identical to it, so it’s easy to switch back and forth without adjustments. And if you play mandolin, or octave mandolin, this is a great addition to your arsenal with its GDAE tuning. Overall, this is an excellent, top-notch instrument of very high quality, and well worth every penny.