Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 255 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 267 reviews
on December 2, 2012
Having spent some time in the coffee industry I have come to rely on my pour-over at home for the only decent cup of joe I can get without it costing an arm and a leg. I bought this thinking it would end the need for paper filters and help reduce waste. We are environmentally conscious in our home, so sad it is to say that this has already been relegated to the junk drawer in my kitchen after just three uses. Three chances with different grinds and different blends. But in our house, coffee is too important to manage with the result it produces. The filter isn't tight enough to keep out the sludge, giving an almost chalky texture. It would be reminiscent of what a French Press might produce except the water runs through too quickly, resulting in a watered down flavour. Its a lose/lose situation for us. It gets two stars because I know how picky I am and maybe others who are not so much could be happy with it and I'm not trying to destroy it since its not as if I was cheated by the makers. It is what it is. (I know, I hate that expression too but sometimes it just applies!)
33 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2016
Perfect for my needs! This is used with a "top of the cup" type drip cone holder since I am usually only making coffee for myself. Water flows through easily. Coffee grounds can be removed easily and this washes well. I do not place this in the dishwasher - I always hand wash this item, so I cannot comment on its durability in the dishwasher.

I have had other filters just like this that I have used for years. Typically, they will loose their gold tone over time (even with hand washing), and eventually will either develop a small hole or two due to a run in with a utensil or knife, or the mesh will split away from the plastic frame in a spot or two. Overall, you should get many years of use out of one of these filters.
on January 10, 2016
Just got this for traveling although I expect I'll use it at home instead of paper filters. I already had the one-cup Melitta plastic filter holder, for which I have bought no. 2 paper filters, this is about same size so can replace the paper ones. Some have complained in reviews that it lets through grounds, but I did not have that experience, it worked fine and I had no grounds in my coffee at all. So don't know what to make of that unless they improved it, I buy already-ground coffee usually in the store in a bag, so it's fairly finely ground, also. The mesh on this has very very fine holes, coffee grounds shouldn't easukt get through them. So I'd say if you are afraid it won't work, risk it and give it a try as the price is very good with free shipping. If you grind your own coffee, just don't grind it the finest possible, of course.
on July 7, 2010
So, I'm trying to reuse my products rather than have to run out and buy replacements constantly - which brings me to a reusable coffee filter. Does it do the job, yes! Is it as good as I had hoped, No.

Cons:

- doesn't fit nicely into the Miletta Cone brew I have - even though its a #2
- some really fine particles come through that didn't using the paper filters (perhaps I need to change my grind?)
- my coffee now has a mud section :-(
- Its not as easy to clean (maybe I'm just lazy - but it seems like a lot of work to clean it)

Pros:

- Reusable
- Helps to make coffee

Not sure what to expect - but I thought it'd hold my coffee better and fit in the filter more snuggly.
on May 11, 2017
Ordered this because I got tired of throwing away paper filters. The cost of this was right around the cost of a box of cone filters, so I figured, what the heck - let's give it a try. I saw some other reviews that didn't give it great recommendations, but I have to say it works fine for me in my older Hamilton Beach coffee maker. Flavor is the same as when I was using paper filters. Some people have said that their coffee has more grounds that get into it, or that it is "grittier." I have not experienced this after several days - I've enjoyed every cup I've brewed so far. I have noticed that when I rinse out my coffee cup, it is a tiny bit "dirtier" than before, but the flavor has not been impacted and I'm still enjoying my morning cup of coffee!
on July 16, 2015
It is OK. You put it into the filter holder you used to use for #2 paper cone filters, and then proceed as usual.
The water goes through it faster than through a paper filter so you MIGHT over-pour.
It also allows more coffee ground sediments through--which CAN add to flavor and make up (SOME) for flavor lost in such a fast brew.
I bought this because I have been having some trouble finding #2 paper cone filters at my local groceries stores (except for the high-priced name brand kind, and even those are frequently sold out! (I did, however, find nicely priced #2 paper cone filters here at Amazon.com :-)
Anyway, this will tide me over nicely. Perhaps it will eventually save money, too.
on February 18, 2016
I've seen the other reviews complaining about grounds getting through, these people probably get their coffee from McDonalds daily. I normally use a french press, so this was second nature. If your grind is the right size and consistency, it won't be an issue.

I bought this to go with a pour over drip coffee maker for backpacking, and it is perfect! I didn't want to not only have to pack around enough paper filters to not run out, but to have to carry them back out used. With this I can give it a rinse, let it dry, and pack it away.
on April 21, 2013
I bought this to used the ready set joe single cup brewer and it doesn't work. Most of the coffee goes through the filter and there is no flavor. You are much better off just using paper filters
on December 1, 2015
Hi, I read most of the reviews. Was looking for one of these, number 2 size for my small 4 cup Kitchenaid red electric coffee maker. This fit perfectly. Hard time finding one everyone liked, but took a chance on this and I find this to be a nice quality, and if you take care with cleaning it, I believe it will outlast your coffee maker! I really like it and am happy with this product. Have fun making coffee or loose tea!
on November 23, 2011
I've bought similar coffee filters in the past that performed better. This one lets a lot of small grinds through so you lend up with coffee mud in the bottom of your cup.