Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Music Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Golden Age Project Pre-73 MKIII Mic Preamp
|Brand||Golden Age Project|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14 x 13 x 4 inches|
|Item Weight||1 Pounds|
About this item
- Vintage Style electronics, no intergrated circuits in the signal pathEnough gain to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sourcesGAIN/LINE mode switch, gain is reduced by 30 dB in LINE modeSelectable two position high frequency AIR boost eq, 3 or 6 dB @ 30 kHzSelectable 6 dB/octave two frequency high pass filterTantalum capacitors in the signal pathSwitchable impedance in MIC modeSwitchable phantom power and absolute phaseA high-impedance instrument inputA simple but effective 4-step LED o
- The signal path uses only discrete components like resistors, capacitors and transistors
- The input and output is transformer balanced, using two different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose
- This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available
- The circuit used in the PRE-73 MKIII is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator
ART TubeMPSTV3 Variable Valve Voicing Tube Mic Preamp With Limiter
dbx 286s Stereo 2-Way, Mono 4-Way Crossover with Mic XLR connectors
Golden Age Project Pre-73 Jr Mic Pre
Warm Audio WA12 MkII Microphone Preamp
|Sold By||pixelproaudio||Quantum Networks||Liquid Audio Inc||8th note||Zorro Sounds||Instrumentpro|
|Item Dimensions||14.00 x 13.00 x 4.00 inches||1.93 x 1.93 x 4.72 inches||0.00 x 0.00 x 0.00 inches||19.00 x 5.75 x 1.75 inches||13.00 x 10.00 x 4.00 inches||14.00 x 12.70 x 3.75 inches|
The PRE-73 MKIII is a one-channel vintage style microphone-, line and instrument preamplifier. The signal path uses only discrete components like resistors, capacitors and transistors. The input and output is transformer balanced, using two different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose. This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available.The circuit used in the PRE-73 MKIII is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I’m very pleased with this preamp, and find that it is an excellent match for sources that require more gain than the preamps in a recording interface simply can’t deliver.
For other applications it can certainly add a coloration reminiscent of the design it was derived from- albeit not quite the same. This can also be overdone.
Overall, a great addition to the home enthusiast’s toolbox, and something to inspire more creativity and exploration.
Frankly, I’m inclined to think it would even be suitable for professional applications.
From my perspective, the build quality is reflected in the price. Do better options exist? Perhaps. But you won’t get them at this price point, and they’ll likely be missing some of the features found here.
La recomiendo %100 no vas a perder el dinero,
Solo te dire que no te dejes llevar por su precio esta maquina es otra cosa, deveras su sonido es demasiado igual a la neve 1073 no lo encontraras en ningun otro preamp de este precio es lo maximo deveras aun sin creer como trabaja esta maquina COMPRALA SIN PENSARLO!!!! La recomiendo %100👍🏽