Golden Gate P-210 5-String Banjo Neck
|Price:||$62.35 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Quality unfinished solid mahogany neck offers fast, easy action and inherently long-lasting stability
- Rosewood fingerboard and peghead overlay ensure smooth playability and classic good looks
- Polished nickel-silver frets, pearloid position markers, pre-drilled planetary peg holes and adjustable truss rod complete the package
- To learn more, please see our Product Description below
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
The P-210 5-String Banjo Neck.
- Size: Traditional 5-String
- Material: Mahogany w/ Rosewood Fingerboard & Peghead Overlay
- Finish: Unfinished
Luthier Quality For Your Custom Banjo
Golden Gate now offers luthier-quality, unfinished banjo necks perfect for any custom banjo project. This neck is made from solid mahogany neck has rosewood peghead overlay and a pre-cut and slotted heel. The peghead holes are pre-drilled to accept planetary tuners and the fretted rosewood fingerboard features a bone nut and pearl position dots. Final shaping and cutting of the heel is necessary and can be shaped to fit any banjo rim.
- Made from quality mahogany with rosewood fingerboard and peghead overlay.
- Planetary peg holes pre-drilled.
- Polished nickel-silver frets.
- Pearloid position markers.
- 5th string guide.
- Adjustable truss rod.
|Material||Mahogany w/Rosewood||Mahogany w/Rosewood||Mahogany w/Rosewood||Mahogany w/Rosewood||Mahogany w/Rosewood|
|Inlay Pattern||Plain||Hearts & Flowers||Bella Voce||Special Florentine||Wreath|
P-210 Golden Gate Banjo Neck
Top Customer Reviews
Don't forget, it is unfinished so you will need to add the tuners and truss rod cover. Also, the frets need to be crowned and you need to sand and finish the wood. I suggest Tru Oil as that worked great for me. A three ounce bottle produced 15 coats.
Since writing my review I've completed putting this neck on my 1920s tenor banjo pot. I had to remove the lag screws and fill their holes because they didn't match the location for my antique pot. The new neck plays well, and the banjo sounds great. Fretting seems to be right on, and I didn't have the sharp edges another reviewer had. Sanding was minimal to ready the neck for staining. I used a stain-varnish combination from Min-wax that matched my almost 100 year old pot pretty well. All in all, I am pleased with the quality of this neck.
So two loose frets were not the biggest problem !
Maybe this only happened to me , but I will order another one and this time I'll try a saga
Most Recent Customer Reviews
a wider range of diameters of string...Read more