Golden Star Jasmine Rice, prime grade, orginated from Thailand, 25-lb. bag
- Microwaveable - ready to eat in 20 minutes or less!
- A naturally fragrant rice great with any dish!
- Certified with the Thai Hom Mali Seal for quality Jasmine rice!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Very fragrant, very distinct scent when finished cooking.
This bag lasted me over three months!
1) I have never purchased it from Amazon, and have only purchased the ...I think it's a 10 pound bag? from any local grocery store. Perhaps the batches provided to online retailers are different from my local grocers? Or perhaps the larger bags batches are different from the mid-size? I have no idea.
2) I have not yet cooked it in my rice cooker, but only in the oven with chicken.
3) I always use more water than the directions call for (I do a little bit more than twice the amount of water to rice), and I always cook it longer than I would otherwise (roughly 80 minutes instead of 60).
Oh, and this isn't a "disclosure," but just a relevant note: I have never rinsed it, ever, and it's never been "chalky." I don't even know what they're talking about.
Also, I've been buying this from multiple different retailers in about a 200 miles radius, for the last 15 years, or so. My experiences have always been the same.
This is THE most fragrant, wonderful, thick rice that I have ever had. I definitely wouldn't call it "mushy," but I would call it "sticky and gummy," which, in my opinion, is a good thing. It is super thick and savory. It always seems like it's extra creamy too. When I cook something over Jasmine with just a bit of cheese on it, it makes the entire dish seem cheesy.
HOWEVER, if I want a dry rice, I go with Basmati, which I also love. I just love them both differently. What I love about both of them, though, is the fragrance...
For those who say this Jasmine rice isn't fragrant - WHAT?! Don't they have scent receptors in their noses?!Read more ›
I hope Golden Star can make some sourcing changes for this product. If you want a good quality jasmine rice, visit an Asian grocery store near you. The quality will be better at a lower price.
It's seriously overpriced on Amazon though, I can get a 20lb bag for $15 at any local Asian market or $17 at Costco.
I only wish I could find a whole grain alternative that is as good.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
VERY INCONSISTENT !!! ... About 50/50 ... have been using "Golden Star" for about 6 years ... sometimes I get
a really good batch ... Read more
I love this stuff. No. I didn't get the 25-lb bag, but I did try a smaller package and really liked it.
I steamed it and found it to be delicately flavored. Read more
I love this kind of rice.
I haven't opened this package, but I will say this: the packaging is done very poorly. It arrived busted open, and taped by UPS.