Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Sinbad (John Phillip Law), Prince of Baghdad and legendary sailor, finds an intriguing map and sets sail for the previously uncharted island of Lemuria with a beautiful slave girl, Margiana (Caroline Munro), and the Grand Vizier of the land of Marabia. Prince Koura (Tom Baker), an evil wizard who wants, of course, as is the bad guys curse to wear the crown. I think this is from 1973 ad I have to tell you that I never saw this until right now. John Phillip is terrific as Sinbad and it is a shame he never did any more. He had this whole tall and in shape quality about him. Ray Harryhausen effects make this even more fun as who did not love Ray and his movies....so ahead of his time. The story is good as is the scenery. Old time fantasy movies that could teach a thing or two to todays films. Just entertain us and leave the HUGE effects out. Effects are good but please note they can overwhelm a movie.
It is the second of three Sinbad films released by Columbia Pictures, the others being The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958) and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977). also Douglas fairbanks had a film called sinbad if you a fan of adventures these are fun films..

The Stop motion effects by Ray Harryhausen are some of the best and he learned i think from willis obrian the man behind king kong...

And don't forget the bad guy is none other then Tom baker Dr who fans will love him in this ...
on November 4, 2011
Ray Harryhausen's second (there are three) Sinbad outing, THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1973), is a highly engaging fantasy/adventure with a good story that carries the dazzling special effects.

John Phillip Law makes an ideal Sinbad, and he is ably supported by Caroline Munro as a sexy slave girl and Tom Baker as a wicked wizard.

The brilliant stop-motion animation by Harryhausen meets his usual standard of excellence, and it still works infinitely better for me than does CGI in evoking a surreal, dreamlike world.

Adding the appropriate Arabian atmosphere is a characteristically exotic music score by the great Miklos Rosza.

Columbia's DVD transfer looks and sounds spectacular; of which you get both wide and full screen versions.

Extras include featurettes on MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, THE THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER, and EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS, vintage advertising, the theatrical trailer, talent files and production notes.

If you like good, old fashioned, fantasy fun, and you appreciate the era when special effects still involved genuine craftsmanship, then you're sure to enjoy THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD.
on March 8, 2016
To me, this is the best of the Sindbad series. Ray Harryhausen outdid himself on the special effects. John Phillip Law was excellent as Sindbad. Tom Baker (Dr. Who #4) was an excellent villain. Carolyn Munro( Stella Star in Starcrash) was beautiful as the slave girl Marianna. A movie everyone can watch together!
on May 14, 2017
I remember this movie as a young boy back then the special effects were incredible. I had to add this movie to my collection for nostalgic reasons. The same great movie I remembered as a kid. While the special effects are basic compared to today this was one of Ray Harryhausen's greatest feats to date. Most of today's special effects artists owe to the craft that Mr. Harryhausen developed.
on August 3, 2016
To my delight, this movie was still available for purchase. It is a classic and worth every penny. I receive my video in less time than I expected and it had the original images. Despite the age of the movie, the video played nicely and the sound was great. If you like old fantasy movies, you will love this.
on October 19, 2017
Excellent transfer, my favorite of the three Harryhausen "Sinbad" films. I always thought John Philip Law was the best of the three actors and this film had the most interesting characters and some of the best visual effects. Let's not forget the very lovely Caroline Munro! A thoroughly enjoyable film all the way.
on February 20, 2018
Fantasy and Ray Harryhausen. One could not ask for better! The six-armed Kali and the Minotaur were my favorites. John Phillip Law made for a gritty Sinbad, Tom Baker, made for a juicy villain, and Caroline Munro was (and still is) easy on the eyes!
on February 14, 2018
I like this movie so much when I was a kid because of the lady with all the arms. This was the first time that I had ever seen a strong women figure and it was at this moment that I decided that I want to be a strong women like her when I grow up. I just wish that they would had digitally remaster it.
on March 21, 2016
This is my favorite of the Sinbad movies! I like "7th Voyage" too, but I think I like this one a little better. John Phillip Law is believable as Sinbad, he just looks the part! Tom Baker is great, as usual, as the bad guy. And then there is Caroline Munro, what a beautiful lady! The movie is worth watching just to see her!