GPS Golf Guru 4 Precise GPS/PDA Golf Rangefinder with Multi-application capabilities
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- With a high sensitivity, 20-channel GPS.
- Free access to over 20,000-standard course maps
- Captures statistical information that can be downloaded to a computer
- Comes with a large 3.5-inch and high resolution color screen
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
The GURU 4, the first percise GPS enabled PDA, with its 3.5 inch touch screen lets users play with the most advanced features in golf, plus listen to music, view pictures, play movies and with optional software do road navigation, all at an extremely competitive price. The GPS Golf GURU 4 has much more versatility and value than the traditional GPS rangefinder by running many different applications instead of just golf. With the largest screen in golf the GURU 4 makes using the advanced features extremely easy to use and read. The new optional tee to green aerial views (AerVu) of each fairway on the golf course lets you know how far users are from hazards, traps and the pin no matter where they are on the course. The “ShotPlan” tool in the AerVu maps allows the user to measure the distance to any point on the fairway and then the remaining distance to the pin. The close-up aerial view of the green using the Guru’s “Smart Green” technology allows users to move the pin to any location on the green allowing them to know the right club to use no matter the pin placement.
As the first multi-functional device in golf today, with easy-to-use touch screen functionality, the Golf Guru 4 enables you to: a) plan your shots ahead to get the most out of your game through advanced graphical views and information; b) capture and analyze statistical information from your game; c) play music and movies and view pictures; and d) with optional software, do road navigation to find your way to the course with ease.
The Golf Guru 4 gives you free access to over 20,000 golf courses and has a high-sensitivity, 20-channel GPS for the most accurate information possible. AerVu (Aerial View) information for up to 200 courses can be stored in the device at one time. Using the included USB cable, statistical information from your game can be downloaded for analysis to your PC, and course information can be uploaded with ease. Designed for long days on and off the course, the Guru 4 is equipped with a rechargeable battery with a charge life of up to 14 hours.
Featuring a large 3.5-inch, high-resolution color touch screen, the Golf Guru 4 allows you to get the most out of its advanced graphical course information. With four course information views, the Guru 4 delivers the most precise and useful information available to the palm of your hand. AerVu with Shot Plan Feature allows you to plan ahead--AerVu lets you see the full graphical fairway view, showing hazards and distance to the green, and letting you know how far you are from hazards, traps, and the pin no matter where you are on the course. The 'ShotPlan' tool allows you to measure the distance to any point on the fairway and then the remaining distance to the pin.
The Guru 4's SmartGreenVu gives you near, pin, and far green distances from wherever you are on the course. Smart Green technology lets you dynamically adjust the pin placement on the green, plan your shots based on current pin placement, and always know the right club to use.
The Guru 4 captures the important statistical information from your game including: the distance of each shot, the club used, if you hit fairways and greens in regulation, if you missed a shot to the right or left or short or long, and more. The statistical information can be downloaded to your computer to do analysis and allowing you to improve your overall game.
GPS Golf Guru has established an outstanding reputation for quality and customer support in the GPS Golf industry. Users are granted free access to over 20,000 golf courses in GPS Golf Guru's 'Standard' map database. The Golf Guru 4 comes with an unconditional, 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and is equipped with a USB cable, rechargeable battery and charger, and a quick-start guide.
- Overall dimensions: 4 x 3 x 1 inches (WxHxD)
- Weight: 6.2 ounces
- High-accuracy 20 channel GPS receiver
- Picks up GPS and WAAS satellites
- Fast GPS acquisition
- Touch-screen functionality
- 3.5-inch color display
- Screen size: 3.5 inches diagonally; 2.75 x 2.065 inches (WxH)
- Display Resolution: 320 x 240
- User-friendly interface
- Small and lightweight
- Rechargeable battery with a 14-hour charge
- GPS Golf Guru 4 advance golf SoftTouch software
- Free access to over 20,000 standard maps
- Optional SD card slot offers up to 8 gigs of additional storage
- Wall charger included
- USB serial cable to connect to your computer included
- Quick-start guide
- Excellent customer service
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Vista 64BIT and Windows 7
- Free, unlimited course downloads (standard maps); Membership Policy
- AerVu (Aerial View) course
- Holds up to 200 standard or AerVu courses
- Shot plan (measure anywhere) feature
- Mark shot distances and record statistics
- Add club and lie to shot marks at any time during round
- Auto, semi-auto, or manual hole advance
- 'Smart Green' with adjustable pin location
- Map greens for use with 'Smart Green' features
- Map your own golf courses with up to 30 targets per hole
- Add features to downloaded maps
- Play music and movies, view pictures
- Road navigation capable (software optional)
What's in the Box?
Golf Guru 4, wall charger, USB serial cable, rechargeable battery, quick-start guide
30-day unconditional money-back guarantee
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
First off, it works great. Follow the Quick Start directions and you'll be off and running in no time. I like that it automatically checks for the latest firmware release and downloads that to your Guru (if needed) everytime you hook it up to download new courses.
It is the smallest unit out there -- a little bigger than my Palm Centro but nice and thin/lite. I carry it in my back pocket and pull it out like a yardage book before every shot. It doesn't get smashed if I sit in the cart either :-)
I didn't buy the Sky Caddie for the following reasons:
1. Size -- it's a little bigger/fatter than the Guru
2. Annual Fees -- who wants to pay $50/year ??
3. Satellite Acquisition -- these things only work well if they're able to sync to enough Satellites to be accurate. I'd heard from a few friends that they no longer use their Sky Caddies because they would lose "sync" too many times to be useful/trusted. Guru syncs fast and connects to more Satellites.
The Guru has far fewer courses than the Sky Caddie but they've been able to map all of the courses I've requested (at least 5) in less than 7 days -- certainly acceptable to me.
One other suggestion if you have a Guru and a Garmin Nuvi (360 is what I have)-- the A/C charger works for both (if you're like me, it's hard to keep all of my cords/chargers tagged, etc). Save the $20 from Golf Guru and use your Garmin charger.
In a nutshell, if you want a fairly simple device that works great and fits in your pocket, The Guru is the one for you. When you're on the course, fancy color graphics aren't going to lower your score -- quick, accurate info at your fingertips will ...
Update 6/13/10 -- This review is for the Golf Guru G002 (not the G004 as displayed here).
Second, I loved the golf guru as soon as I got it. It is so easy to use and download the courses I wanted. The screen functions are easy to see and use. I love that you can map a course out if you want to. My friend has the Sky caddie and he gets no reception at several courses we play in Long Island...I am able to get reception on every couse every time.
Third, the statistics portion is awesome. As you play your round it will ask you at the end of each hole for your score, if you made GIR, FIR, and how many putts. At the end of the round you will get all your stats for the round, % of GIR, % of FIR, and avg. putts per hole. This is very handy if your into keeping stats.
Lastly, I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to know "how far away am I" which is just about everyone.
GREAT PRODUCT, VERY VERY HAPPY.
I too am waiting for a carrying case or cart/belt clip to be available. In the meantime, it fits nicely into my Bagboy Express 180 push carts accessory compartment.
I'm very satisfied with this GPS. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.