Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year So Far Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New LG V35 ThinQ | $699.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Gollup the Woods, Twin Power (Volume 1)
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 22, 2014
This book pulls many things from Irish lore yet used it in completely new and unique ways. It gives one the comfort of familiarity with the excitement of how different and fascinating the worlds are. Character development took a while but was well worth it. My only complaint is that the author hasn't released the next book yet!
on December 1, 2013
I enjoyed this story, its definitely unique and I liked the blend of fantasy with Gaelic roots. I feel as though he could have given the main characters a bit more depth, I don't so much care for good looking protagonists that are seemingly great at everything. I like my heroes to have a few flaws to them but that's my own preference. Like I said, fun and quick read :)
on January 2, 2015
What a wonderful story. Kevin Leigh is a great storyteller. From the beginning to the end this book is a colorful exciting journey into magic, family, and discovery! Mr. Leigh immerses you in the sights sounds and smells of Ireland in this book and grabs you in his amazing story line that winds around you and doesn't let go! I would highly recommend this book to everyone! I'm looking forward to reading more from him!
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 25, 2013
When I read books I like to get drawn into the story and let my imagination run wild, this story did that to me and more. I have read it a few weeks ago and still think back about it now and again and that is a sign of a truly good story-teller! I'm very pleased book 2 will come out early next year, I will curdle up on the couch, make sure nobody need or want me and read it in one go. It takes you on a journey into a world that's so imaginative and captivating you just can't put it away.
I recommend this book to just about every age, 10+ probably.
on May 31, 2014
kept me wanting to turn the page - not my usaul kind of book but i enjoyed it and want to read the next book!
on October 23, 2013
This book had me from page one, I felt like I was with the characters twisting and turning through the Irish countryside and beyond !! If you like adventure, a good plot and interesting characters, this book has it all !
on December 3, 2013
The author describes the worlds in this book with such color and beauty that it is as if watching a movie instead of reading. So easy to picture the Twins and their friends battling the evil, or riding on Gollup's shoulders. I will have to see about getting the second book so I can continue the story.

This can be read to younger children, or enjoyed by reading themselves.
on October 27, 2013
Clearly Gollup is aimed at folks younger than myself (50 y.o.), but the author turns a terrific phrase.

A great and complete read at any age...

I can see parents and grandparents co-reading this with the young-uns and taking the opportunity to stress great writing techniques and how great writing is as important as a great plot or great character development.
on October 19, 2013
This was a good book can't wait for the next one but one ? At the start of the book it said the twins had brothers and sisters 6 kids after the accident no mention of the other kids did the uncle take them in to. Through the book it makes it seem like the parents only had the twins and no other kids
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 3, 2013
This book was cleverly done and kept me reading from the time I picked it up! Great story line. I loved the fantasy and how it was handled! I look forward to reading more of this author's books!!