- File Size: 301 KB
- Print Length: 29 pages
- Publisher: CamVen Media (November 15, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 15, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GSGGS0Q
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #976,653 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Gone Tomorrow Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
So, why not a 5 star? The characters are a little thin. You have read the police officers elsewhere. Something had to go, or there is something that a novel length piece will fill out.
I plan on reading more.
But instead of living the elegant NYC lifestyle of Nick and Nora, Jack and Jessica are closer to John D. MacDonald's famous detective Travis McGee. They live at the (mostly) warm Florida shore and their lifestyle is the lifestyle of boaters and beach people.
The story kicks off when Jack and Jessica return from their morning run to find a dead body just steps from their house. A naked, two hundred and fifty pound man who had been their neighbor. If that's not an invitation to investigation what is? And, of course, complications ensue.
There's some good lines too. Talking about trust fund families, the narrator says "They thought their money made them smart." Having run into people like that in real life, that line struck home. At another point in the story, Jessica favors someone with "one of her B plus smiles." Good description.
"Gone Tomorrow" is a good story and a fun read that shows potential for the author.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators