Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 646 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 895 reviews
on September 19, 2017
Wow. Gary Taubes has done a good job of explaining why "calories in, calories out" is not an accurate methodology for losing weight. He also exposes the processed food industry and it's hidden agenda of creating carbohydrate addicts to continue selling more and more unhealthy products to the unsuspecting public.
on September 16, 2017
EXCELLENT ! This is a MUST read !
on September 11, 2017
Never read such an interesting yet unexciting book. It's a very very very thorough review of the science (good and bad), around some of the bigger nutrition questions we have.

The answers, depends what your original belief is, may surprise you.
on September 4, 2017
dry writing style
on August 31, 2017
Fantastic piece of journalism and history. So persuasive that I am compelled to learn about the conventional hypotheses on obesity and heart disease because the case Gary puts together makes me wonder how anyone could disagree.
on August 31, 2017
love it.
on August 30, 2017
Great book
on August 28, 2017
It's okay.
on August 26, 2017
I haven't read the whole book yet, but it is great information. I already had "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes, and I love that. I read it and stopped eating starch and sugar, and have lost 14 pounds in less than 3 weeks. So I wanted this book too. Can't have too much of a good thing. With more info, I thought I could get my husband on board. We will see.
on August 19, 2017
Very informative and insightful. Well written.