Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 154 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 171 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2010
I bought two of these after unsuccessfully searching for deep dish pie plates in several stores. These are every bit as nice as the ones found in the fancy kitchen catalogs and are less than a third of the price. The size is generous, the heft is perfect, the surface smooth and easy to clean and the color is rich and suitable for serving directly to the table. I made a homemade apple pie for New Year's to bring to my mom's. She kept admiring the pie plate so I gave it to her and returned to Amazon to order another. These are so pleasing, they have inspired me to stock up on pie recipies and improve my pie making ability. They would make wonderful gifts, I plan to buy more in the future.
44 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2012
This pie plate is beautiful so I have no complaints... I just want to warn buyers that the "Norpro Pie Crust Shield" that appears on Amazon's list of items "Frequently Bought Together" DOES NOT fit with this pie plate, although the dimensions say otherwise. Again... DO NOT buy the recommended pie crust shield with this pie plate!! Other than that mishap I am completely satisfied with the plate itself.
on February 14, 2016
Beautiful bottom crust -- not flexible or mushy at all! Finally, the pie cooks at the same rate as the crust, and without pre-baking the crust or putting it on baking steel. Lovely! My rhubarb pie was amazing in this pie plate. The apple pie I baked in it was absolutely out of this world. A lemon meringue pie is going to be next, and several fresh peach pies during peach season will be baked in this beautiful pie plate.

I couldn't be more satisfied!
on November 30, 2012
Someone must have been listening! Don't worry about the packaging when ordering this product. Based on the negative reviews, I thought long and hard before ordering this plate. I was concerned that I'd receive a broken dish. But, I didn't need to worry!

Not only is the dish beautiful, and completely whole, but let me describe the packaging! First, there was a large box. It was large enough, that I truly forgot what might be in it! Inside that box was a smaller package surrounded by Airplus Storopacks. In the middle of these, the smaller package was 1) wrapped in small bubble wrap DOUBLE, and then, inside that, 2) was wrapped in large bubble wrap! And, the plate itself was securely inside of all that bubble wrap in another small box that just fit it (so no moving around!) Seriously, I think the UPS guy could have played football with my pie plate and not broken it!! I was impressed. Very impressed.

And, I have a beautiful pie plate that I can't wait to use. If it works as good as it looks, then I plan to order a second one. (I almost always make two pies for any holiday, and I can't have one pie in such a great dish and the other in a poor dish after all!)

Definitely feel free to order this. Someone at Amazon was listening to the reviews. This was extremely well-packaged.
on June 24, 2011
This pie plate exceeded my expectations. I also bought the Stanley Roberts Scalloped Pie Plate, Red, but the Good Cook is much sturdier. It is quite heavy and big (11 inches from end to end) but has a very nice appearance. The color is more orange than red but it's still pretty. I serve it straight from the oven to the table and I love that it doesn't get scratched. I don't have a round cake pan so I use this plate for cakes too!

I bought the Norpro pie protector with this but it doesn't fit. So I'm back to using Mrs. Anderson's Baking 9-inch Silicone Pie Crust Shield that I normally use with my 9-inch pie dish. It is a little small, but it comes in 4 separate pieces so at least it doesn't squish the pie edges like the Norpro.
review image review image
on May 12, 2017
very good baking dish for deep casseroles like shepherds pie and such
on March 30, 2017
Fabulous bake ware....get it ...you will not regret it!
on January 26, 2011
The Pie Plate is very nice, especially for such an inexpensive item. It is heavy and gererously sized. Microwave and dishwasher safe means it will actually get used often, not just for holiday baking. Our only complaint is that the first one we ordered arrived broken. This seems to happen quite often based on other reviews. It is not hard to figure out why, the packing was not very good. The plate itself was in a small cardboard box, that was placed in a larger cardboard box with some air bags to fill in the extra space. Problem is the air bags are only on one side of the larger box. On the other side the pie plate is protected only by two layers of cardboard. Any impact on that side of the shipping carton is sure to cause breakage. After we contacted Amazon, they had a replacemnt to us very quickly, but we still had to hassle with shipping the broken one back to them.
on November 5, 2014
Very disappointing. I made one pie, then handwashed the dish. As it dried, I noticed the crack in the side (there is discoloration under the enamel). Sadly, I bought this dish over 30 days ago so it looks like I am out of luck on a replacement. It looked like a good dish. Hopefully I just got a dud, but I am not willing to roll the dice again. Time to find a new dish; It's pie season again.
on September 5, 2013
I bought this to replace my shattered glass Pyrex dish and am so glad that I did. It was such a great price for a product that looks and feels so nice. I would buy more products from this maker.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.