Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on October 29, 2011
I worked with Rene back in the early 80's at Miller's Outpost in Sacramento California. She was very outgoing back then with a determination to achieve the best for what life called out for her. We were in our teens as clothiers trying to find our direction in life and she wanted to be voicetrous(sp?) in her future (i.e. radio, t.v.). I lost contact with her for many, many years and in the mean time I see her on T.V.( The Morning Show).I find out she has a family, she writes a book about raising a family, I date 2 different women (back to back, each having there own profitable business) with several children each and present them with her book as a gift. Not having read it, I gamble that Rene has done her homework in life (with children) and wait for the results (via ex-girlfriends thoughts on the book). Simply stated, Rene, once again, has achieved what she set out to do. Write about her experiences and share with the world. Love you Rene!
on March 27, 2011
Hello world! With full disclosure I am a full fledged G.e.m. blog fan before reading this delightful book. Rene Syler nails it in this book...the legacy of each person's journey in motherhood is not about the all so perfect...it is about the days of the dreaded meetings with a Mrs Henry, juggling the job, the kids, the husband and the dog hair....The absolute best parts of this book are the times that Rene opens up about what worked as a mom and what had to be scrapped and done a different way...it has been a couple years since this book release but the lessons still apply. So, if you are browsing around for a good book...take a peek & visit her website if you are just having one of those days when nothing is going according to plan.
on October 3, 2009
This book is a great look about the realities of being a mom. It helped me realize my kids aren't the only kids that act crazy and get into stuff all the time. It is written with love, humor, and experience and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I frequently caught myself laughing out loud at the antics of the authors children and her descriptions of them.
on May 20, 2007
Just to know that I, a mother who loves her kids, but is not a perfect person, am not alone in my quest to just "break even" a a "good enough mom" is refreshing. It seems like there are so many stories where mothers are either disgustingly (and not to mention, unrealistically) adept or on the other hand, completly incapable. I was so greatful to finally have someone with whom I can connect!
on January 10, 2014
Very good book. Big fan of Renee's and find she's got a lot of info, and her stories are very touching