Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

80%
20%

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
on June 30, 2015
This is the most comprehensive book about feet that we have ever read. It's our main reference guide when either of us has a foot problem.
on March 29, 2009
Great book for those of us that have feet that need pampering. Thanks to this book, I have learned to walk all over again and do massage therapy on my feet to help them recover from the normal abuse.

Highly recommend it
on November 18, 2010
I quote from page 22: "Abnormal supination will receive short shrift in this book, as it accounts for only a small percentage of all the foot problems I have seen in my years as a podiatrist."
As a larger framed supinator who started actively running last year, getting the proper shoes and orthotics for my feet have been quite a chore. I tend to callus heavily on my fifth metatarsal, and have to use a callus shaver twice a week on them or else they become so thick and painful that I have difficulty even walking. I am using neutral plus running shoes, Dr. Scholls orthotics along with memory foam, with partial-at-best results. I have seen two local podiatrists who were completely useless at helping me. One of them advised me to stop running and switch to yoga. Glenn Copeland seems cut from the same useful cloth, as he then devotes one or two paragraphs to the idea that I would need custom orthotics, which I have been unable to obtain. And, the ones that are available by mail order, he says, are only partially useful, at best. I already knew that. There was a small amount of helpful info in the book, but nothing I didn't know already. I knew I had a problem being a supinator and that my 5th metatarsal calluses, and that I need something in my shoe to prevent it, but not how to find it (especially when the only doctors my insurance pays for turn out to be completely useless). I read this book, and now know exactly what I did before reading. I don't know anything about how to improve my current situation. If you are a supinator, or have a problem that would require orthotics for your 5th metatarsal, you will not find any information in this book to help you. The author says so himself, on page 22.
on April 23, 2015