- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Grand Central Publishing; First Edition edition (July 1, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0446672157
- ISBN-13: 978-0446672153
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.8 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 43 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,421,306 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Why Good Girls Don't Get Ahead. But Gutsy Girls Do: Nine Secrets Every Working Woman Must Know Paperback – July 1, 1996
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From Publishers Weekly
The editor-in-chief of Redbook shares her strategies for professional success.
Copyright 1996 Reed Business Information, Inc.
About the Author
Kate White is the editor in chief of Cosmopolitan magazine. She is also the author of the Business Week bestseller WHY GOOD GIRLS DON'T GET AHEAD BUT GUTSY GIRLS DO and NINE SECRETS OF WOMEN WHO GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT. Ms. White lives in New York City
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Best snippets for me:
- DON'T BE TOO HONEST (read book for clarification)
- DO NOT ASK YOUR COWORKERS THEIR ADVICE as she states, and from my experience they discourage anything "outside the box"
- AIM HIGHER THAN YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE hey, you'll figure it out.
- PEOPLE WILL SOMETIMES NOT LIKE YOU take it as a compliment
Even though a lot of the ideas seem crass, you will see all of these characteristics in successful women and men alike. Thanks Kate White!