Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
on February 16, 2018
1) Very outdated. Some of the companies that are praised in this book are already bankrupt or just around the corner from bankruptcy/ government bailout . This book was published in 2001, no word of Apple,Google,Amazon,Facebook etc. so take it for what it’s worth.
2) Main problem of this book, its going backwards from results to reasons. It’s take a “successful” company and try to explain its success came from some master plan that was well crafted. Nonsense, other companies did the exact same to a different amount of business success.
3) Nothing in this book relates to the global economy, millennial generation and the mobile retail revolution. This book was published in 2001, this is also its relevance expiration date.
1) I liked the chapter about level 5 management, nothing new here but refreshing ideas about humility and open minded leaders.
2) I liked the hedgehog chapter about focusing your business on what you love and what you good at to maximize profits.
3) Positive lessons about running a healthy company that work as a team.
Fun read, but nothing new here. You can’t apply any lessons from this book to today economics. If you have a few hours to kill, go for it.