Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

The Good Grief Club
Format: Perfect Paperback|Change

on April 27, 2015
This book has been so helpful in apart of my journey after the loss of our child. This is the true story of 7 friends who met each other at a support group for pregnancy and infant loss. This is honest and real. I recommend anyone who unfortunately is apart of this club to read this.
on December 6, 2014
I would say all blm's should read this book. It should be given to all bereaved parents at the hospital or funeral home
on February 12, 2013
What an excellent view of the emotions and journey for someone who has lost a baby, and the power of support from people who understand and care!
on August 1, 2016
Having never experienced such grief as the loss of a child, I was blown away with how deeply I connected to the author's sorrow and journey. I recommend this book to friends and families of parents who have miscarried, experienced stillbirth, or infant death. Those who have never personally lived through such tragic circumstances can never truly understand the depth and complexity of a mother or father's emotions after such a loss. Monica wrote a raw, yet beautiful testimony of her experience before, during, and after the birth of her daughter, as well as recounts the stories of others from her grief "club". She talks about how people supported her during the earliest moments of grief. I have carried this story with me for many years and learned through Monica some simple, yet impactful, tactful, and loving ways to support parents, especially a mother, grieving a child. Thank you for sharing, Monica.
on September 8, 2008
As a bereaved parent I've read many books about losing a child, but I highly recommend The Good Grief Club. This book is an honest account of what this "new" life is like for parents who have experienced a loss. At times the words on the page mirrored things that I have felt and thought, which I found reassuring. With her words, Monica Novak finds a way to convey to readers all of the complicated thoughts and emotions that go along with losing a child, while also instilling a sense of hope that one day the pain will begin to subside. I would recommend this book to anyone who has experienced the heartache of pregnancy loss, still birth or neonatal death, or to anyone who would like to better understand the grueling process of grief and how to help those that have experienced the loss of a child.
on October 23, 2008
I could not put this book down. I felt like the author was reading my mind. The pain and devastation of losing a baby is indescribable, yet the author described it perfectly. She gave a heartbreaking, honest description of the range of emotions that bereaved parents go through-from the lowest point to having hope for the future. I cried and even laughed out loud in several parts because the situations described were so similar to my own. I especially loved the way she conveyed what she was thinking in different situations. This book is amazing!!! At the end, the reader is left with a sense of hope. I enjoyed reading this book so much, that I donated my copy to my Share group so that others can benefit from it!
on August 27, 2009
This book is a good one. This book reminds me of the grief group that I go to (Sharing Parents of Sacramento) and the women that I have met there. These stories and book's about women who have lost a baby...conception through birth are always hard to read, but they are beneficial to those of us who are griefing the death of our babies. I heard those dreaded words on Feb. 23, 2009...."I'm so sorry, but we can't find a heartbeat!!" I lost my daughter that day, Makena Marie Elizabeth Anderson, and it's a day to day challenge. My heart goes out to all of you that need this book, we will never forget our babies.
on September 8, 2008
This book gets to the core of what it is like to lose a baby. It is a terrific resource for any grieving parent, regardless of what stage of pregnancy or short time following birth, that a baby dies. It helps a grieving parent understand that the depth of their grief is real and normal. It also demonstrates the light that comes following the darkness. The Good Grief Club would also be a wonderful resource for caregivers or anyone who has a friend, loved one, or aquaintance going through this type of loss, but doesn't know what to say or do. I only wish that The Good Grief Club had been available when I my son was stillborn.
on November 21, 2008
How I wish a book like this had been available a few years ago! When I went through my devastating loss at 25 weeks gestation, the only books available were dry, impersonal books that attempted to explain the grief process and how to get through it. It was hard to get through more than one of those. This book lets you live it through real families and their experiences. It reads like a novel, but it is all true. Even if you have never personally had losses like these, you might someday know someone who will, and this will help you understand what to say - and most importantly, what NOT to say.
on September 8, 2008
The "Good Grief Club" is a honest and raw account of lives that have been touched by the unimaginable loss of their babies. It is wonderfully written and threads seven women's lives together. As a reader you are captivated by their stories and as a bereaved parent you are thrust into their pain, sorrow, grief and eventually, hope. It was very easy to connect with Mrs. Novak and I found myself sharing and relating to the darkness, heartache and tears and then one day, like them, seeing a light, a ray of hope and new joy again.