Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 2, 2017
First and last time I've bought an American magazine. Howone can actually be ok with paying for a magazine that has 50% advertisements in it is beyond me. In Europe, such magazines are given out free & the paid ones don't have more than 10% of the pages covered in ads.
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 27, 2017
Just ordered this magazine. I actually took the time to count 68 full page ads in a 144 page issue. That's nearly 50%, or for every full page there is a full page advertisement.
POSITIVES
Good Housekeeping is a good magazine in the traditional old fashion way with lots of updates.
Great gift.
Each month there are various topics -- this is not only about cleaning and is about housekeeping a much more general sense for example -- Nice smoothie recipes, outdoor hints, ways to slash bills, weight loss hints, make overs, cut college costs, cut fat, dieting, hair, tax tips, getting more done quickly, decorating, careers, wellness (health and financial as well as relationships), etc.
Lots of helpful information.

NEGATIVES
There are MANY advertisements (guess this is how they keep the cost so low to subscribe).

HIGHLY RECOMMEND
This magazine is a lot more boring than I ever remember it being... I thought they had holiday decorations Ideas, like do it yourself ideas for the homemaker, lots of recipes, tips about family, etc. What happened to all of that? It is mostly ads. Like buying commercials to look at on paper. I mean there is some stuff I do like in there like the back section has some good looking cookie recipes but other than that and a few holiday decor ideas it reminds me more of a fashion magazine. It is called Good Housekeeping. I think they forgot the name or lost sight of the meaning. It is not Style magazine but it certainly seems like it. If I wanted pages and pages dedicated to what I can pair with a purple frock and another whole page on how to do my eyeliner I would have purchased a different magazine... SO Many ADS in this!!! I enjoy ANY of the Better Homes and Gardens magazines over this, there are like ZERO ads in those magazines. The Crafts magazine is awesome if you are into that kind of thing.
on December 31, 2013
I have read four magazines for years---and this is one of them. (The others are Woman's Day, Family Circle, and Ladies Home Journal.) I like them all. Good Housekeeping runs a very close second to LHJ---and at least today it has the acceptable price structure---99 cents for a single issue. They do have more ads than they used to, but I still like them. Right now I am experimenting with reading them on my iPad Kindle app, and therein lies the problem---I am not going to pay 2.99 for a single issue of Family Circle when I just got Good Housekeeping and Woman's Day for 99 cents for the single issue, I am not going to subscribe until I am sure I am comfortable and they work right on the app (that's looking pretty good), and I am not going to pay three times as much for the digital subscription as I do for the print version. I don't have so much trouble with not getting both for the price of one, because I am hoping to do away with having print issues lying around and needing to be recycled. If the publishers price them at roughly a dollar an issue, I will buy the issues and eventually perhaps subscribe; right now I watch for those 99 cent sales or whatever they are!
on August 4, 2017
I've always been a huge fan of GH, but in the last couple of years I've noticed the magazine getting MUCH smaller and just less of an interest. Less articles, more ads, and less benefit. Sad really, as this was a favorite of mine of over 15 years!
on October 9, 2014
I have always loved Good Housekeeping Magazine but didn't know if I would enjoy the Kindle version since there is just something about flipping the pages of a magazine. I was thrilled with the ease of use of the Kindle version tho and how they made the corners look like there were turning and that the articles scrolled up to read more instead of having to look for the page in the hard copy.
on January 5, 2018
I'm not a fan of magazines that are just a bunch of ads and filler. I was really hoping this magazine would have more useful content. VERY disappointed.
on June 25, 2016
Every month I wait by the mailbox and wait for this magazine. It has helped me clean things I thought were impossible, cook things I never ever could have figured out on my own. You read a cookbook and there is instructions leaving you scratching your head. With this magazine I have been able to become a professional cook. It has great stories as well from real people. You'll love it.
on February 20, 2018
I really enjoy this magazine, and look forward to it arriving in my mailbox each month. It has a good amount of content, doesn't have any political garbage in it, and isn't half ads!