Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Good Housekeeping Step by Step Cookbook: More Than...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 69% off the $29.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Good Housekeeping Step by Step Cookbook: More Than 1,000 Recipes * 1,800 Photographs * 500 Techniques Hardcover – October 7, 2008
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
- Tips, explanations, and pictures for each technique and food type so you can learn *how* to cook.
- Delicious food that covers the range of American cooking and popular ethnic cuisine.
- Recipes require few ingredients, with nothing unnecessary or unusual. The ingredients are things you can easily get. Seasonings are things that you will use again and will help build your pantry- nothing random you will only use once. These are my pet peeves of other cookbooks- haven't found another that doesn't have at least one of these issues.
- Few and simple steps. No crazy gourmet tricks that you as a beginner or normal person just trying to make dinner don't need and will just make cooking a long chore.
- Cooking times are listed, and there are lots of things in the 30 minute range.
- Lots of photos, fun to flip through and get ideas.
- Kind of healthy and light, but not insisting upon it. Lots of veggies, no excessive oils, etc. Nutrition info is listed, surprisingly low calorie.
- Taste level: it lands somewhere between Martha Stewart and Rachel Ray- it's neither fancy nor tacky. It's kind of the Target of cookbooks- everyone from middle America to cities would like it, accessible and egalitarian, but still kind of chic. And affordable in that you won't go broke buying random stuff you'll only use for one recipe.
- If there is one cookbook everyone in America should own, this is it. Kids with a decent palette would eat probably everything in here, and there's a lot of stuff even picky kids would eat. Don't worry, though, this isn't cheesy or dumbed-down.Read more ›
Anything that allows me and my daughter to read, comprehend, and execute as fine a meal as we did is just Superb!
Earlier in my life, I was a Chef at a high dollar restaurant serving mostly beef, so I was largely acquainted with the techniques associated with preparing most meats (and agree with the techniques used here), but I have never been especially knowledgeable about baking (and some other things). This book made it easy to learn the exact steps involved along the way to making every dish contained herein. I was especially enthused with the photographs taken at major preparation steps and decision points. This let me get it right the first time without having a recipe that was almost, but not quite, perfect.
Any level of cook from very beginner to advanced will love this book. There are dishes ranging from simple to complex (biased toward the simple on average) but all the ones I have made have worked well and tasted great. No kitchen should be without this book!
There is no other book needed for the new cook. This has all the information, hundreds of photographs with step by step directions. Any new cook would be happy with this purchase. It's a staple of the cook's library.
The recipe on the Anise Wafers was the easiest and best presentation that I've ever seen. This is all from scratch and so you know it's healthy without MSG and other preservatives.
Definitely a wedding gift.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought whatever edition back in 1985. Still use it though it's held together by duck tape now. I have no bad experiences with these recipes. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this book years ago....I have used it so much over the years that the binding started falling apart.
I liked it so much, I bought it again.
excellent general cookbook with illustrations and steps to follow.Published 5 months ago by Robert Jay
I truly enjoyed this book. I do love to cook and do so daily. The photos are wonderful . I do like a cookbook loaded with pictures .Published 5 months ago by Lynda Doyle
If you could only have a handful of cookbooks in your kitchen, this should be one of them. I gave each of my children one when they set up household and they have used them for... Read morePublished 14 months ago by M. L. Robbins