Your Memberships & Subscriptions
The Good Lawyer: A Legal Thriller Inspired By A True Story (The Good Lawyer Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 348 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Book 1 of 2 in The Good Lawyer Series
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- KIRKUS REVIEW: "SMASHING LEGAL-THRILLER DEBUT" Benigno's first effort is a crafty legal page-turner, just as good in the courtroom as it is outside...Benigno fortifies his lead character with problems that his law degree can't fix. Readers who like their courtroom thrillers packed with lawyer-speak and zigzagging plot developments should find much to savor.
- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY REVIEW April, 2014: Benigno presents an engaging but diffuse picture of legal skirmishing and moral ambiguity in the saga of Nick Mannino...The interesting glimpses of courtroom procedure and a cast of eccentric characters will intrigue readers...
- #1 BEST KINDLE LEGAL THRILLER!
- OVER 1,000,000 COPIES SOLD IN THE SERIES!
- TOP 20 BEST AMAZON EBOOKS!
- FEATURED IN PUBLISHERS WEEKLY APRIL 21, 2014 ISSUE!
- BOOKSPOT.COM REVIEW (STARRED REVIEW)by Chris Algernon 5/6/12 ...The Good Lawyer delivers a genuinely audacious twist that is both effective and very powerful. It's testament to Thomas Benigno's writing that The Good Lawyer remains believable throughout...Benigno creates a sympathetic (if at times slightly naive) protagonist...The twist is a good one, being neither easily guessable or outlandishly absurd. By the end of the novel, there's a sense of something really epic (on a human scale) unfolding. The Good Lawyer...rapidly picks up speed...on the way to a climax that will likely remain in the minds of most readers for quite some time.
- MEN READING BOOKS BLOGSPOT.COM REVIEW Benigno's mastery comes through in introducing and developing character after character and weaving them into a complex and totally believable story that connects them all together in the end. The setting too is inspiring and nostalgic ...a flash back to simpler times. I hope we hear more from Thomas Benigno.
From the Author
I graduated near the top of my law school class, tried a case in my 3rd year and won, took the job at Legal Aid in the Bronx to hone my skills prior to entering private practice. There were high hopes for me. I started out on fire getting more cases dismissed in Criminal Court than just about anyone. I was cocky, a bit arrogant. I had the makings of one damn good trial lawyer. For my age, I was convinced there was no one better. I had also fallen in love. Didn't think I needed to study for the bar. Then I flunked. After I passed I was on a mission to prove myself. Failing was humiliating. So I took on the most difficult of cases intent on winning at almost any cost, and I did win, time and again. Rapists, child molesters and drug dealers were freed, and all my doing. I was a young man with a conscience drowning in my own success.
This was not the boy my Mom raised me to be. She purposely kept me away from my mob connected relatives who were now dropping like flies in burnt out cadillacs and after hour joints--charred remains of flesh, stuffed in garbage cans, wrapped in plastic.
Then a case came through the system-headlines-no prior arrest record-horrible crime. He could be innocent.
This is why I became a lawyer-to champion for the innocent man.
And so life set me up for the greatest fall ever. Years later I couldn't shake what I had done, so I wrote it down. The original title of my novel was "The Confession." Then Grisham came out with it. So why not then..."The Good Lawyer."
A fictional account--the names changed to protect the innocent. My name on the cover remains the same.
Don't hesitate to give the author feedback after or even during your read of "The Good Lawyer" at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
- File Size : 1134 KB
- Language: : English
- Print Length : 348 pages
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Publisher : Landview Books; 1st Edition (March 14, 2012)
- Publication Date : March 14, 2012
- ASIN : B007OWO0YE
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting : Not Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,261 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: