Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 207 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 248 reviews
on April 1, 2015
These work better than I thought they would. There is definitely room for improvement though. I have to pull my toe so far to the side that I run out of velcro. I just end up wrapping it around and tucking it in. I surprisingly don't really feel them when they are on, no pressure points or scratching. I sleep all through the night with them on. I am a little worried that with the way the "toe spoon" pushes on my big toe nail, I am going to get an ingrown toenail. Overall however, they are comfortable and do the job.
review image
on July 31, 2016
I'll admit that it took me longer than I'd like to say to figure out how to work the velcro. At first, I thought it was supposed to wrap all the way around your foot. In THAT instance, this is uncomfortable and scratchy. However, if you wear the velcro properly, pulled back through the tab and only covering the left side of your foot, than they are very comfortable to wear. I can barely feel them, and they seem to be doing the intended job. My toe looks straighter when I wake up in the morning and the bone seems to protrude a bit less. I'm confident that with extended use, these will help tremendously
on December 28, 2016
I use these when I sleep at night. they work perfectly. and really maintain the results of my bunion surgery.
on December 22, 2013
After using this product my bunions (minor) aren't as tender as before. It might feel uncomfortable at first especially if you have aching bunions but you get used to it after awhile. I'm just happy I can stand on toes again.

Just a couple things to note, the plastic doesn't seem that durable and it might actually start to poke your skin. I just taped it over with masking tape to avoid grazing the skin. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Overall, really a good product for the price.
on July 19, 2012
I just started using these about two weeks ago.

I use them only when I go to bed - as per the instructions. Contrary to others' experiences here:

- I do not need a sock,
- they do not get caught in the sheets and
- they are not uncomfortable. The velcro straps and plastic are soft and pliable.
- If I do have to get up in the middle of the night, I just walk a little more slowly and don't stomp around.

The enclosed illustrations make it pretty simple to understand how to get them on.

They seem totally durable to me... not sure why others complain about the "cheap" plastic.

I make them fairly tight and the first couple nights, I did have a bit of sensation by the morning -- but I barely notice that they're on now.

I'd give them 5 stars but I don't know yet if they will actually eliminate or even mitigate my bunion. In any case, they are certainly worth a try.
on November 11, 2012
Bunions are a real problem and mine were seriously aggravated by leather shoes whose toe section is too skimpy (and for some reason I didn't realize the damage this would do). Now what to do about it? Looked for information on the Internet and discovered how tricky this situation can be. And am certainly not wanting a surgical solution!

So these weren't too expensive and appeared to be designed to relieve inflamed bursae, so I sent for them after determining that I couldn't get anything locally. They turned out to be kind of a Rube Goldberg contraption. It took a bit of trial and error to get them on correctly. I have large feet and mine fit fine. Then I discovered that I need to wear socks over them to bed or they will catch in the bedclothes, and that as stated, I can't walk in them - must remove them if I want to get up during the night.

Of course the bottom line is whether they work, and this they seem to do. I definitely noticed improvement in the bunion situation after only a few nights of use. And the improvement has been lasting for many months - so I am pleased to report. At initial use I found the unaccustomed contraptions on my feet interfered with sleep but within a couple of nights I was used to that; my advice would be to persevere in their use. And don't walk in them! They aren't designed for that and will break.
on April 18, 2014
While I do like this splint the complaint I have is that it rubs agaisnt my other toe. The plastic rubs agaisnt it and also the tightness feels like it cuts off my blood circulation where the blue strap is and so the effect of the stretch doesn't last long for me.

Another thing too is the picture on the box is not the same as whats inside. The picture on the front looks like the FootSmart splint but when you take it out it's different. Shame on Profoot for a misleading image

It gets 3 stars because it does stretch out the bunion and maybe because I havent gotten used to the blood circulation thing it could be temporary. After a month or two I will see how I feel then.
on November 7, 2014
WORKS AS ADVERTISED, AND VERY REASONABLE PRICE. IT HAS STOPPED MY BUNION FROM GETTING WORSE.
on May 18, 2017
Doesn't help... uncomfortable!!
on April 29, 2017
Product did not do a thing. Wore them for months with no results other than more pain in my foot.