Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Good Night, Gorilla
Format: Board book|Change

on June 27, 2016
This is definitely my son's new favorite book. I just received this a few days ago, and I can not tell you how many times he has had me read it to him and how many times he has looked at it on his own. The book has super cute illustrations and has animals that are not always seen in zoo books such as armadillos and hyenas. Each page has so much for him to look at. In each animal's cage, there are little toys to identify. Each cage is a different color so it helps to teach colors. On each page is balloon, and he has fun finding where it is in the sky in each picture. A charming little book that would be great for any small child. It is a good size for small hands, and the pages are nice and sturdy. They are slick, so sticky fingerprints can be easily removed with wet wipes. I am pleased that I purchased this book because it gives him so much pleasure.
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
Let me explain. My daughter received her first copy of this book as a gift from the Dolly Parton library. And she (daughter, not Dolly) loved the book. We read it multiple times a day, sometimes multiple times an hour. She'd roar with the lion and gasp when the Zookeeper's wife turned on the light (want to know what she saw? Buy the book).

She wore it out just around her first birthday. And by wore it out, I mean, she read it, tugged at the pages, and ripped them out. Then she cried when we were unable to fix the book. I filled in the gaps by playing a video of "Good Night, Gorilla" read by an adorable little girl on YouTube. But...the daughter wanted her own copy again.

Enter Amazon.

Thanks to Prime, the new edition of Gorilla rushed into the house, and life has returned to it's beautiful state.
Positives
Great colorful pictures
Lots of background detail
Only ten words, so time to use your imagination
Funny surprise ending
Good for infants, toddlers, and the very early beginning reader
Great to learn types of animals at a zoo
Lots of details
Negative
The gorilla stole the key
Challenge ---
Find the banana on a string in each drawing
on September 16, 2017
While billed as a toddler book, the fact is our six year old loves this as one of her first books she reads on her own time for pleasure. She reads and rereads it over and over. She reads it to her dolls and stuffed animals, in fact. While it is not very challenging for a young reader reading at the second grade level, that ease and the wonderful illustrations seem to appeal to her. So glad she has it on her shelf.
on September 9, 2017
The illustrations are great and our son enjoys looking at the pictures. Please note that this is a PICTURE book. Almost no text. So if you prefer to read like we do, then this might not be your preferred book. Nevertheless, it is worth adding to a home library for Little Ones as the pictures alone are very fun. For us personally, we just prefer books with a little more text.
0Comment|Report abuse
I ordered this book to have at my house for my granddaughter. She already has it at home but I wanted one for at our house. I also ordered the little gorilla that sells at Amazon that looks just like the little character in this story. Cute and sweet little story. My kids all loved the GoodNight Moon story and it is nice to see more stories like that one.
on July 3, 2017
Love this book. It's sturdy as a board book & fun to make up your own dialogue (it has no words). Having no words also allows children who can't yet read to "read" the book themselves or to a parent/adult. We also have fun tracking the pink ballooon through the pictures on the pages as the story evolves. Very fun book; highly recommend it.
on September 9, 2016
Pros: I love this book. Wonderful bedtime reading. Both my kids were thoroughly captivated by the story when they were younger. It says good night to all the animals in the zoo. Perfect for your child to repeat each good night. The story has pictures and names of many different animals and a hearing a little one trying to say good night hyena is so cute. This purchase is a gift for a new addition to the family. I hope she will enjoy it as much as her older cousins.

Cons: None that I can think of ...
on June 30, 2017
We love this book! It is so cute and sweet. It was one of my son's favorites when he was a toddler. We read it every night and he had it memorized.

We give this book as a baby gift all of the time. The illustrations are lovely and the repetition in the text is perfect so little ones can follow along.
on September 5, 2017
This is the book that I read to my children when they were young. They loved it SO much (had to read it to them 100's of times in spite of a large collection of children's books) so... I buy it as a gift for all my friends when they have kids.