Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Good Night Maisy
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Barbra Streisand Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on July 4, 2006
My 19 month old daughter LOVES Maisy mouse. We have watched the Maisy TV show on Noggin, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to get a DVD, too. I'm so glad that I did! The Good Night Maisy DVD has 3 episodes: Maisy's Springtime (31 minutes), Maisy's Winter Fun (31 minutes), and Maisy's Bedtime (37 minutes). Each episode is broken into smaller 5 minute long segments that focus on a word or theme. (These are the same as what you would see on the TV show). Between the 5 minute segments are songs, with Maisy and her friends dancing, etc. The songs are NOT shown on the TV show, and my daughter loves them.

I do wish that the DVD had come with a guide, telling you which segments are on each episode. It's tricky to find them when your child wants to see a particular segment. After spending several frustrating minutes trying to find the segment where a cat has kittens, I decided to go through and write down what exactly was on each episode. To save some of you from similar frustration, the 5 minute segments in each episode are the following.

Maisy's Springtime: Eggs, Nest, Farm, Rabbit, Meow.

Maisy's Winter Fun: Christmas Tree, Christmas, Snow, Gingerbread, Cards.

Maisy's Bedtime: Bedtime, Bat, Camping, Bath, Picnic, Dog.
on April 19, 2004
This is a typical kids video. In other words, if your child likes Maisy, he/she will like this video. There are 3 episodes included on this DVD, you have the option of watching them individually or all 3 back to back (to back).
There is one annoying feature that I think needs to be mentioned. Before you get to the main menu there are several minutes worth of previews included. The bad part is that you can't skip, pause, or stop the video at that point. Your only option is to fast forward through all the previews. You then get to the main menu. This gets my vote for the most annoying feature ever on a dvd. I hope that this does not become a commonplace feature on dvds.
on May 28, 2004
These DVD's are well worth the money. The only reason they dont get 5 stars is because of the hideous trailers at the beginning. Otherwise, the songs and sweet stories are enjoyable for both of us. My favorite thing about Maisy is that the characters are genuinely nice...not interested in tricking or fooling their friends, like in some other toddler programs (if you watch the puppets in the Baby Einstein series you'll see what I mean).
The ska-reggae type music is the least annoying and my Daughter loves it. Lots of simple educational aspects...counting, colors and shapes. Word of warning!!! My Daughter would watch Maisy and her adventures for hours if I would let her. She gets 30 minutes in the morning and 30 at night of total TV. Of which Maisy is striving for total market share.
Yeah for Maisy!!!!
on May 8, 2004
This DVD gets played a lot in our house! My 6 month old son loves to watch Maisy on television, so he enjoys the Good Night Maisy DVD too. I think he likes the Maisy shows because the animation and characters are simple...it's not to "busy" for him.
I like that it has a "Maisy's Springtime" segment and a "Maisy's Winter Fun" segment - these feature stories that are relevant to the different seasons and holidays, such as Easter and Christmas. And there are some really cute parts on the "Maisy's Bedtime" segment. It is pretty long (over an hour and a half) so usually I just let him watch one segment at a sitting. It's nice to have the variety to choose from!
The only thing that is really annoying about this DVD is the trailer at the beginning. You have to fast-forward through it and that is a pain, especially when you've got a little one crying!! Overall though, a wonderful DVD that my son loves to watch.
on November 25, 2013
My grandson loves Maisy. There was a time when the Maisy show was one daily and we would record it for him. It is no longer on and we only have four shows remaining. Every time he's here, he wants to jump up on our bed and watch Maisy Mouse. We needed something to watch in the car so this DVD came in handy and expanded our library a little. The animation is so simple; it almost seems like it was drawn by a child. The "sets" are uncluttered and the action stays on the characters. My wife and I visited the zoo recently and she decided to get some stuffed animals for the guest room when he comes to stay. One was an elephant. As soon as he saw the elephant, he cried out, "Eddie!" (If you watch Maisy, you'll understand.) This DVD has some good programs on it. Recommended.
on December 16, 2013
it's in brand new packaging and came in a very timely manner. this is one of my toddlers' favorite Maisy dvds, so it will make a perfect xmas gift this year and we can stop borrowing the bad copy from the library lol They watch it for naptime and bedtime, my 1.5 & 2.5 yr olds love their Maisy!!
on December 25, 2014
Music was very loud but narrator's voice was really soft even when I've increase the volume til the max. My son had a bad scare when the music came on after the narration. Quite disappointed with the buy. I bought all 3 disc - good morning maisy, good night maisy & play time maisy. All 3 quality are the same.
on August 20, 2007
I am German and my husband is American. Since we live in Germany we needed something to improve our daughters (2 years) English and since she loves Maisy we got this DVD. The voice of the narrator is very pleasant, the stories are funny and entertaining. Our daughter gets scared really easy (we got her a Baby Einstein - the one with the farm animals and she refuses to watch it because of the real life cows), but Maisy is absolutely save. Nothing bad happens, nobody gets hurt, little problems get solved right away - just the right thing for a toddler. Even so we watch two or three of the little episodes every night with our little girl, my husband and me are not tired of it yet. If you have a Maisy fan in your house this is a must have!
Like all the other customers we also hate the fact that you have to fast forward the commercial at the beginning and I was thinking about deducting a star because of it. But the Maisy part of the DVD is wonderful so we did not.
on March 8, 2006
My 2 1/2 year old loves this DVD. There's a lot here to watch, so we usually just show one episode, then he begs to see more. There are three episodes with the usual short stories around a main theme. My son's favorite is the Goodnight Maisy- with the bedtime routines and night time stories, but there are also Spring time and Winter episodes that are equally as cute. The stories are interspersed with catchy songs. A great DVD to take along on a trip or leave with the babysitter.
on April 4, 2006
I have almost every Baby Einstein DVD out there. My Son has been watching since he was 6 months old. Now that he is 16+ months, he is getting a bit bored. So I needed a transition... After reading many review, I bought Good Night Maisy and now my Son asks for it by name. We watch it before he goes to bed to get him to settle down and relax a bit. Great colors, great music, nothing over stimulating. We now have all 3 DVDs and are very happy.