Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Good Poems
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(3 star). See all 149 reviews
on February 24, 2015
the edges of the papers were cut roughly and don't look even I don't know if that is the thing with the publisher or just mine had that, it does the job.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 27, 2015
Where's Sylvia?
on February 24, 2006
The product was fine once I received it. It took quite a while to receive the actual product though.
on May 27, 2015
An interesting division of poems, although at times the poems within the section didn't quite reflect the respective section title.

An anthology containing some poems I couldn't relate to, some good poems and some beautiful poems, outstanding in their simplicity and imagery, such as "When one has lived a long time alone" by Galway Kinnell (echoed with mysticism); "Rain Travel" by WS Merwin (vivid imagery of lying awake listening to the night time rain) and "The Peace of Wild Things" by Wendell Berry (expressing a deeply spiritual communion with nature) were particular favourites.

A nice addition to my poetry collection.
on July 30, 2010
This book was purchased for my daughter for school. She passed this course, so other than that, I cannot really review this book. I personally enjoy Garrison Keillor, and would've liked to see this book come back home!
on August 28, 2013
I really enjoyed the poems that I read (the anthology contains a great variety of poets and topics), but because of the poor formatting of the Kindle edition I returned it for a refund.

* Table of Contents only shows top-level headings. This is especially annoying in anthologies, as it is difficult to view which authors appear where and under which chapters.
* Pagination was not carefully done. Most headings are orphans.

This only refers to the formatting of the Kindle edition. I've read the paperback edition and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
on April 21, 2003
Yes, the title speaks for itself. Collected here are good poems. Good, bland, middle-of-the-road conservative poems for people who like their poetry straighforward and unchallenging. I ordered this collection with great anticipation. I was sorely disappointed. Maybe it was the monotone droning of Keillor's readings (I bought the audio CD) punctuated by one female author's breathy renditions. Maybe it was all the God-themed poems included for good measure. If I'd done my homework on Keillor's radio show I might have known better. I want poetry to rock me and give me goosebumps, especially when it's spoken word. I never thought Bukowski, Moore, Bishop, Thomas, and their like would have their unique voices so efficiently muted. I gave this work three stars because, after all, it is full of good poems. If "good" is good enough for you, enjoy.
on January 14, 2006
Defintily these poems reflect a wide variety of styles and taste. There is something for everyone. Now if only it came with a CD of Garrison reading them.